Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor targeting surfaces

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
524 Views, 2 Replies

Corridor targeting surfaces

I'm working on a median regrade project. I have several corridors, I'm keeping the Eastbound corridors separate from the Westbound and sometimes they connect in the middle creating some sort of ditch. I'm noticing that when I zoom in, the surfaces are not connecting perfectly,See Surfaces1.png

Segment1-WB1, is the controlling surface, it targets a "FL_DS1" alignment and targets the existing surface Segment1, See Surfaces2

Surfaces3 show the targets from Segment1-EB1. It's also targeting the same flow line alignment FL_DS1 and Segment-WB1 Corridor Surface. 

I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mike.M.Carlson
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

What if you help the corridor surface definitions for each side by adding the applicable corridor feature lines as a supplement to the "Top" links or increase the corridor frequencies at your section? 

If that doesn't work for your case, perhaps abandon the "Link Offset on Surface" Subassembly and use a generic link like this:

Autodesk Civil 3D Help: LinkWidthAndSlope
https://help.autodesk.com/view/CIV3D/2020/ENU/index.html?guid=GUID-234C46D7-B685-42BF-A7D0-91092C577...

The idea here is that the corridor targets "extracted" dynamic feature lines from both inside corridor edges instead.  So these extracted feature lines would be offset and elevation targets, which would be the same if you were using your first method with alignment and surface targets.  

Or use this generic subassembly method with marked points:

Autodesk Civil 3D Help: LinkSlopesBetweenPoints
https://help.autodesk.com/view/CIV3D/2020/ENU/index.html?guid=GUID-9C90FA1C-CB1D-461D-9218-89ADA5893...

I hope this helps.

Michael M. Carlson
Senior Civil Designer
CADD Manager
AutoCAD Civil 3D Professional
AutoCAD Professional

Message 3 of 3
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous , thanks for posting! 

Just checking to see if your problem has been solved. Have you tried the suggestions from @Mike.M.Carlson and did they work? If yes, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button in his reply so this helps other users in the community find the solution too. Thanks!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report