Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor surface problem

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1198 Views, 6 Replies

Corridor surface problem

Hi,

I'm using Civil 3d 2017 version,

I Created existing  surface by using survey points and for my drain alignment i created corridor by using sub assembly. While generating corridor surface it is not coming properly at starting and ending locations.( Surface elevations are connected to zero elevation ). I thought the problem with sub assembly so i tried with given default open ditch assembly, with this also it is happening same.

kindly give the solution for this, i'm looking forward for your reply.Thank u in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you create a vertical profile for your alignment and assign it to your corridor?

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 7
wfberry

( Surface elevations are connected to zero elevation ).

1. If the above represents existing surface, you need to get that fixed first.

2. Make sure the existing surface is greater than necessary for your corridor.

It is hard to determine your situation with such limited information.

Bill

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

yes, i created a vertical profile 

Message 5 of 7
jroot

Make sure your vertical profile is not longer than your alignment.

You could try stopping your corridor region just short (0.1') of the end of your profile and see if that works.

Message 6 of 7
Jeew-m

Dear Friend,

As of your comments it should be the 'Corridor Waterfall' effect. As Jroot has pointed out you need to extend the vertical profile starting and end point up to the end of drain alignment. Here is some reference for it.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/getting-started/caas/screencast/Main/Details...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Corri...

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeew-m

Thank u so much for the solution it is working now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report