Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor not properly targeting profile

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mzurek
3031 Views, 5 Replies

Corridor not properly targeting profile

Hi All,

So I am having an issue with the way my civil 3d road corridor intersection is targeting alignment and profile. It looks like the corridor targets the alignment just fine but for one reason or another it is having a hard time with the profile. Below are images of my corridor, the surface that it produces and the profiles. On the profile image the purple lines represent left edge, center, and right edge of pavement. The red line shows the surface that Civil 3d produces. I would like it to target the center line profile which is the middle of the 3 purple lines... Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Mike

CORR.PNGPROFILE.PNGSURFACE.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LeafRiders
in reply to: mzurek

I have had some issues with the Civil 3D intersections in these types situations as well. I can't comment on if this is just an issue with the profile and targets. It seems as though you could benefit from increasing your corridor frequency to include everything and go to a higher spacing to help surface triangulation. Also consider running two separate corridors and managing the surface outputs separately. It's nice to have everything as one corridor, but there are times when things need to be simplified and dealt with independently from one another. Good Luck, I look forward to seeing your final solution.

Message 3 of 6
mzurek
in reply to: LeafRiders

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried playing around with the frequencies but that didn't really help much. I eventually decided to make some edits to the surface manually which was not as time consuming as I thought... Probably about 15-20min of removing extraneous points and adjusting the elevation of some of the more critical points. It ended up looking not too bad. 

Message 4 of 6
cwr-pae

Datum surface? Set overhang correction to bottom in the corridor surface tab.

FG surface? try adding the feature lines for lane edges to your surface in the corridor surface tab.

The long side of the merge lane doesn't appear to extend to where the intersection assembly is perpendicular to the centerline of the main road, this can cause an overlap that can create these issues.

Message 5 of 6
mzurek
in reply to: cwr-pae

Adjusting my corridor regions so that the sample lines are parallel where the curb return region meets up with the main road assembly was helpful... 

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
merci.martin

I had this issue and resolved it by doing a couple of things. I changed my assembly to reflect the correct lane subassembly, then targeted the correct alignment as my alignment profile was higher than where my standard assembly was targeting to.

intersection.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report