Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor model ending against a Feature line

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jfquevillon
703 Views, 4 Replies

Corridor model ending against a Feature line

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I'm having difficulties finding a solution to my problem!

I have two different corridors next to each other and I need to make them finished at an angle against a feature line (shown in green). Is there a certain sub-assembly a could use for that and how to target it?

I'm using C3D 2018 by the way!

Thank you!Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Neilw_05
in reply to: jfquevillon

I think the way to handle this is to draw a baseline across the end of the 2 corridors where you want them to end. Then you would apply an assembly to that baseline and target the ends of the corridors.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 5
davilavanegas

Hello  jfquevillon,

I recomend star or finish your alingnment perpendicular to green line, perpendicular section could be small, maybe 1 or 2unit of your drawing. Rebuild your corridor and this sould fix your issue.

See image attached.

Regards

Message 4 of 5
jfquevillon
in reply to: Neilw_05

Thank you for your quick answer

I still dont know exactly how would you do it when using a new Baseline?

How do I set my sub-assembly to tie to that new Baseline? Can you me more detail on how to proceed?

Message 5 of 5
joantopo

I have done that specially for bridges.

Every alignment needs to be longer.

Then you need an auxiliary subasssebly (make it in SAC) which have an offset target and no draw the link, just a point on the origin and  second point on the offset target.

Then, in the assembly, you put this subassembly the first one and the second subassembly (lane, etc..), attached to the second point.

In your case, the offset target will be the green line and the white line (edge of your lane which you have to get as a polyline and extend to the green line).

The idea is filling that triangle using 2 entities for the same ofset target. The concept is very similar when you are doing a manual road intersection.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report