Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor data reference broken after edit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jaanYPY4L
296 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor data reference broken after edit

Hi

Im running into a very annoying problem. I have a design file, where i data reference my corridor, which is in a separate file. When im working in the design file, and i see a glitch or something that needs to be changed in the corridor, i open the corridor source drawing, do the change, then save. When i try to synchronize the design file, it freezes. After a ctrl+alt+del, when i open the design file, the corridor displays as a broken reference, and when i try to repair it, this error pops up :

jaanYPY4L_0-1617283025093.png

i should point out that this baseline is for a connected alignment which represents the left curb alignment of a intersection. Before this, i had the exact same problem with the same intersection, but the right curb alignment. Then i completely erased the connected alignment from the alignments drawing (all alignments in a separate drawing from the design and corridor) and created it again, then redid that section of the intersection in the corridor model. Then the corridor worked again in the design file. Im pretty sure this happens because i force close the design drawing when it freezes, but is there any other workaround for this? When i change my corridor, should i sync it somewhat differently in the design drawing?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jaanYPY4L
in reply to: jaanYPY4L

Ok, just as i was writing this, i had the idea to try to create the data reference in a different drawing, and it works with no problems. So my question actually is, how can i sync my drefed corridor in my design file without it freezing, so i wouldnt have to force close it, which it appears corrupts the file.

Message 3 of 4
tcorey

As a test, try closing the design drawing before editing, saving and closing the corridor file. Re-open the design file..

This workflow is definitely not a preferred method, but if it works around your problem, while Autodesk tries to fix it...

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 4
Joe-Bouza

If I remember correctly there was an issue with Dref corridors that us offset assemblies. Do you have that?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report