Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor curb return don't fit

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mats_bervoets
154 Views, 2 Replies

Corridor curb return don't fit

I'm trying to model an intersection based on Jeff Bartels' YouTube-video (https://youtu.be/z6TrGT9-Imk?si=jtOEYTVMbMImpIIw). As you can see in the picture, the corridor of the curb return(centre alignment) don't fit with primary and secondary street. I used the same subassemblies with the same paramaters and I  followed the procedure of the videos. The lanes do fit but the curb and the sidewalk don't. 

Thank you in advance!

Schermafbeelding 2023-10-24 190026.pngSchermafbeelding 2023-10-24 190135.png

Schermafbeelding 2023-10-24 190426.png

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
m_kingdon
in reply to: mats_bervoets

I don't understand why your profile only extends for a short section.  Your profile should be the same length as your alignment.  Switching between incomplete profiles is probably why there is an elevation difference.

You also haven't used any offset alignments and profiles or connection alignments or profiles.  You should use offset alignments and profiles for the edges of your road and connected alignments for the kerb returns.

mkingdon_0-1698192149467.png

Mike Kingdon
Civil 3D Zealot

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Thanks for your response. I just followed the working method of Jeff Bartels' videos. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report