Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy to Layer Command Causes Crash

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
greg888GP
240 Views, 3 Replies

Copy to Layer Command Causes Crash

When I use the "copy to layer" command, it seems to work fine when using mtext or any other basic text object, however, when I try to use the command with civil 3d labels (either surface labels or pipe network labels) the software will crash about 85% of the time. Any recommended fixes? Or any way to get Autodesk to add this to a 'bug' list? 

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: greg888GP

Hi @greg888GP 

Sorry, but you can't always use 'basic' AutoCAD commands on Civil3D entities.

When dealing with C3D objects, everything is related to a style, in your specific case it's the Label Style (and there are many label styles). You'll need to modify your Label Style or create a new one altogether. Whether surface labels or pipe labels, the label's layer is controlled by the Style.

I can't pinpoint why your drawing is crashing, but I'd guess it has something to do changing parameters in a Label Style. It's not a 'bug' that needs fixing. 

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
greg888GP
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

I dont understand why the label style would affect this? My goal is to be able to copy the same label to a new layer so that I can manipulate it on another sheet/ separate viewport. It seems inefficient to have to manually add a new label on a new layer each time. Again - I think it is a bug because it seems to work some of the time, but crashes most of the time. 

Message 4 of 4
r.capper
in reply to: greg888GP

Labels are tied to the object they report on, maybe the copy duplication of that backend info is responsible.

Robin Capper
Design Systems Manager
LDE Ltd

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report