Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Labels not Displaying in when Xref'd

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
4701 Views, 13 Replies

Contour Labels not Displaying in when Xref'd

I have created a Civil3d(2010) Surface with labeled contours.  When thisfile is xref'd into another, the contour labels do not display (but the contours show up just fine.)  I have checked that the labels are on layers that are not frozen or turned off both in the style settings and object settings.

What setting am I missing?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
SethHall
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi jgotsis-

Is it possible that they are just extremely small, and therefore appear as they are not displaying? Try changing the scale in both the source drawing and in the xref drawing and see if you can get better results.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

in 2010 contour labels could be added to the xref'd surface thru the xref.

Dan

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Seth,

I checked scales- both set at 20scale.  Still no contour label showing up.

Thanks,

Jason

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

Dan,

Would I have to create a data link to the surface on which I want the contours to be labeled?  I was trying to get away from data linking for this task.

Thanks,

Jason

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

Jason,

no data link required.  just label it right from the cut sheet drawing.   goto annotate in the ribbon and pick surface and pick contours multiple.  then click on the surface right thru the xref.

Dan

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Dan,

That's a neat feature- thanks for letting me know about it, but that did not work either.  I am not sure if it matters, but this particular surface I am having problems with was created from a corridor.

Thanks,

Jason

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

could you make a small drawing with a fake surface using your contour lable style and post it here?

Dan

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

Dan,

Attached is ACAD file with the surface created with contours and contour labels.

Thanks for you help.

Jason

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

Jason,

I opened your file and could see the contour labels just fine.   I  created a new drawing and xref'd your drawing into it.  I can still see your contour labels just fine.   Sorry I'm not able to reproduce the same problem.

it may be that the file your xrefing into is corrupted somehow.

Dan

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

Dan,

That's what I am thinking, too.  Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Jason

Message 12 of 14
JessicaPalmer

I have experienced this same issue.  Set the Surface Contour Label Group to a layer other than 0.  To prevent this issue in the future change the object layers in your template to always place surface labeling on a named layer.  I like to set the label layer the same as the surface layer. 

This has consistently worked for me.

Jessica Palmer
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: JessicaPalmer

Jessica,

Thank you.  That was the problem.

Regards,

Jason

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: JessicaPalmer

Thank you. It worked for me too. Layer 0.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report