Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring HP T1300 Plotter in 2016 version

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
590 Views, 8 Replies

Configuring HP T1300 Plotter in 2016 version

Hello, all;

I have been scouring through the posts here and looking through Google et al for answers to this question:

How do I add our HP T1300 plotter to the Plotter Configuration Manager in our newly installed 2016 instance of the application?  Our users have very recently been upgraded from 2013, and have not had such problems with this plotter beforehand.

The network is a domain network, and our Plotter is a shared device on this network (via print server).  We are running Windows 7 (x64) for our PCs.

The plotter is and has been installed for some time (not sure which version of printer driver(s) sorry).

Can anyone please help me to add this plotter using the Plotter configuration manager for our user(s)?

Thank you in advance.

Roman

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
antoniovinci
in reply to: Anonymous

Does Windows "see" your plotter like a normal printer?

If so, you already have it in Autocad, as "Default Windows System Printer", sir.

Message 3 of 9
tcorey

If the printer is visible as a Windows printer, in AutoCAD go to Options, Plot and Publish tab, and be sure Hide System Printers is not checked.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: antoniovinci

Thank you, I will confirm this for the PC in question. We have multiple printers hosted for the domain and accessible depending on OU, etc. The Default printer is usually a different printer for the user, but I will confirm this to be the case for this user, thank you again.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

I was not aware of this 'Hide System Printers' was something to consider; I am definitely checking into this one. Thank you!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Checked and found the 'Hide System Printers' to be unchecked; thank you for the offering...
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: antoniovinci

There are usually 2 or more printers available to a user dependant upon what they need (print normal documents, etc. or print large-format documents); the HP T1300 was not listed amongst any plotters in the Plotter Configuration manager when I had looked at this for the user - nor did he find it present there himself before contacting our helpdesk.
We have been trying to add the plotter using the Plotter Configuration Manager, but only have older models listed for when we use the 'Add a Plotter Wizard'. Thanks again.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Are there any users here with a greater degree of expertise with HP Plotters per chance?
I fear that part of my issue is my lack of knowledge and awareness surrounding HP Plotter workarounds (with HP-GL/2 for instance).
Thanks in advance.
Message 9 of 9
antoniovinci

roman_frankRWGNR wrote:
I fear that part of my issue

No issues, sir: please read and apply what written in the second post of the current thread, period.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report