Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d Section view - How to show ROW lines extend throughout the Cross sections?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
lamichhaneR4TBD
397 Views, 8 Replies

Civil 3d Section view - How to show ROW lines extend throughout the Cross sections?

I was able to create the Block for the ROW and add them to the "Profile Grade" section but I am not able to extend the ROW lines to show to the full extent of the Section view. Also, if possible to add the ROW on the bottom of the gird would be great too.

NEED.JPG

EXISTING.JPG

Labels (4)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi @lamichhaneR4TBD, since you mentioned that you already have the ROW as block, you could also have that ROW converted into a featureline, projected up to your surface, sampled in all of your cross sections and then create a label style that's just a line displayed as ROW linetype.  Plus I think you can automatically pin the start (featureline) & end (Top of Section/Graph). 

With your ROW as a block, you're limited in your display in every section, but with it as a label you have some flexibility with limits and appearance.

Message 3 of 9
cwr-pae
in reply to: lamichhaneR4TBD

Do it with a label style. You do have to have all the views the same height. Set the label to anchor to bottom of the graph with 0 anchor value.

cwrpae_0-1698949578900.png

In the style, use a line start point anchor on the dimension. Set the angle to 90 degrees and the length of line equal to the grid height.

cwrpae_1-1698949784526.png

If you can have the line extend out of the grid you don't have to set the heigths of all the same.

Message 4 of 9

I am unable to get the result that I wanted. It still feels like the same issue and there is no option for me to extend the feature line projection to top of section and or start from the bottom. 

Message 5 of 9

I am unable to get the result that I wanted. It still feels like the same issue and there is no option for me to extend the feature line projection to top of section and or start from the bottom. 

Message 6 of 9
lamichhaneR4TBD
in reply to: cwr-pae

This works great but the only issue would be that not all of my grids are the same height. Some of them have huge cuts/fills and hence they are skinny and fat at locations. 

Message 7 of 9
cwr-pae
in reply to: lamichhaneR4TBD

Ouch. If you can't force them to the same heights, you have to set up different styles for different heights and manually set them for the differing views. It may be possible to use an expression to calculate the varying lengths needed but I have no idea what it would be right now. I'll think on it in my spare time and may come up with something.

Message 8 of 9
lamichhaneR4TBD
in reply to: cwr-pae

Awesome!! Thank you!

Message 9 of 9

I ended up creating corridor just for ROW and added it. It is way easier. I thought profile grade provided those options too but maybe older version did and not the new ones. I am using C3D 2023. Thank you all for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report