Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Pipework Profile Band Development

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KenFoysterWSP
278 Views, 1 Reply

Civil 3D Pipework Profile Band Development

Hi,

Final stages of a pipe network profile band set, I reached out to the Autodesk community several years ago with a similar post, I am hoping for a different result this time.

I need assistance in the either best practice or preferred methodology to create 2 bands.

1. Depth to pipe invert (Depth to Pipe invert from a selected profile)

2. Profile Deflection angle, both Horizontal & Vertical simultaneously.

Refer to attached sketch.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: KenFoysterWSP

I do not use pipes much at all. but for pressure networks I created a top of pipe elevation label. the part component available for labeling was the insertion point elevation, which is CL of the part, not the top. I had to go into the parts catalog and use on of the empty fields to add the distance from the insertion point elevation to the top of pipe for every available size. I then created an expression in the Toolspace label settings that used the insertion point elevation plus the value of the field I populated in the parts catalog. it works. yippee, but it would have been nice to have that out of the box.

You could do something similar, but have the expression include a depth measurement between the invert elevation and a profile1. Then (hopefully) when you chose profile1 as a data profile in the band set settings it would be able to compute it. I'm think it can probably be done, but I haven't yet tried it.

the deflection angle - this would have to be a pipe profile label? do the pipe labeling components available to you include the pipe slope? can you write an expression that would take the slopes of two selected pipes and compute the angle between them? Ideally you would add the label, pick pipe1, pick pipe2 and it would put the label at the intersection of the two pipes with a grip that would allow you to slide it out/away for readability.or maybe a profile view label that would require three pick points to define the angle and where the label is put.

again, it can probably be done with expressions, but you might need to hear from people more expert than me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report