Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civil 3D install error 1321

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
978 Views, 4 Replies

civil 3D install error 1321

Trying to update from civil 3D 2016 to civil 3D 2017 and get the following error message:

Error 1321. The installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file: C:\programdata\microsoft\windows\startmenu\programs\autodesk\uninstalltool.ink.

I am logged in as the administrator and the computer has all the windows updates installed.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

If an older version of C3D was installed by a different logon, the files it created in the ProgramData folder will be read only to other users, even if it is an Admin account. Try changing the permissions of the Autodesk folder and the files within it to be for Everyone.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff. The install worked however I not get the following error when I open civil 3D. Any help is appreciated.

unhandled e06d7363h Exception at fdd3a06dh

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M

All of the information I've seen regarding that unhandled exception points to .NET Framework issue. See this post for more info: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/net-framework-cleanup-tool-for-unhandled-except...
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I'm getting this error trying to install 2020 on a Win10 machine, except that the folder is C:\Windows\Fonts. Apparently this folder is locked down in Windows 10.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report