Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2017 - Part catalog - Custom variable

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
smith.mike.d
220 Views, 0 Replies

Civil 3D 2017 - Part catalog - Custom variable

Hey All,

Wondering if anyone has any insight into my issue. I feel like I have customizing the part catalog down pretty good, I have created a large custom catalog and generally haven't had too much issue.  Of course just about to finalize my catalog and I run into an issue. I had created a custom parameter which is working as a string box within the part properties (user enters the unique string value for each part). Works perfectly, however I decided that I don't need it; I cannot delete it! I've removed many other parameters in in the process of creating the overall catalog, just can't remove this one. 

I removed any and all reference in the structure specific XML files, AeccSharedPropertyLists, & AeccPartParamCfg. I closed and re-opend Civil 3d, rebuilt the parts list from scratch, used the PARTCATALOGREGEN. Opened the part in the Part Builder, confirmed the custom parameter was not there, validated, saved, closed, rebuilt catalog again. Started brand new DWG, rebuilt the catalog again!  No matter what I try the custom parameter still shows up in the part properties! 

Crazy, pulling my hair out here. Is there some other location where civil 3d saves these parameters? a backup catalog or something. I'll take any ideas at this point,

Thanks,

Mike
Civil 3D 2020.6.1
Lenovo P71, Win 10 Pro
Xeon 3.0 GHz, 64GB ram, 1Tb SSD
Nvidia Quadro P4000, 8 GB GDDR5
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report