Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

box culvert/ductbanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1225 Views, 5 Replies

box culvert/ductbanks

Hello all,

I'll try and explain my issue as best as possible...

I'm using concrete box culverts to design electrical ductbanks in Civil 3D 2014. 

The issue i'm having is that there are a few places in the design where the two small ductbanks merge into a larger ductbank.

Does anybody know how to have this show up correctly in Civil 3D correctly? 

Please see attachment..it will make my issue more clear.

It should be noted that i am fairly new to the Civil 3D world so i'd very much appreciate as detailed a response as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help! 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

Place a Null Structure there, or you can place a structure there, add pipes to the structure, then delete the structure. That should fix you up.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thanks for the quick response Todd.

Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem.. I believe null structures are automatically used at pipe intersections and typically work fine. I tried the method you suggested of placing a structure>adding pipes>deleting structure and it also didn't clean it up for me. The software still wants to default the pipes to intersect at the midpoint of the box culvert.. thus leaving me with the incorrect graphical representation of what we need...

Message 4 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM

With a null structure you should be able to grip edit the pipe and move it ever so slightly to get it to line up like you have it in the pdf. I have had to do this where there are 2 horizontal pipes going into a structure. You might have to add a really large structure there to get it to grip edit just right, then change that structure to a null structure in the Structure Properties.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

hmmm.. i'm not having any luck. Is it possible that C3D 2014 doesn't allow this? 

When i add the structure (i made it large) and connected the pipes then delete or make null (tried both) the line work extends to where the center of the structure was but do not connect with each other. i do have pipe cleanup set to on as well. 

Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Pardon me, I don't mean to crit the design but don't yo need a structure at that kind of junction? Pulli wires, etc

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report