Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block reference scale too big

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
met1ns
2293 Views, 5 Replies

Block reference scale too big

Hello.

So I got this drawing (attached) with measured points in two different locations. However the block references scale is too high. I have tried everything I know of, units, -dwgunits etc but without result. I cant manage to make the blocks smaller.

Anyone that can take a look and please tell me step by step how you managed to scale it down? Because Im sure someone will. Units should be set to decimal and meters. I live in EU and use civil 3d 2019.

Help is much preciated.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jefflambert9091
in reply to: met1ns

Check your insunits. If in meters should be a setting of 6. When you insert your drawing, pay attention to the bottom right.  "block Unit" in the insert window. Its reading in the inserted drawing and reads you insunits. I set mine to 0 witch is unitless. That way you control the scale. 

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 6
met1ns
in reply to: jefflambert9091

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for your answer. However it's already on 6.

Are you able to open the attached drawing and get the scaling correct?

Message 4 of 6
jefflambert9091

I tested it before I posted. It worked for me when I had my insunits on unitless and when on 6. Hummmm… I will think some more.....

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 6
jefflambert9091

I re-read your post. Are you just trying to get the Stake Flag block smaller? If so, just righ click on it, open it up in the block editor and scale the entities down to what you want. Make sure you identify block insertion point and scale from there.

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 6 of 6
met1ns
in reply to: jefflambert9091

Thank you Jeff.

This is what I had to go with.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report