Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Elevations to Feature Lines

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
andrew.robinson4HZXU
509 Views, 3 Replies

Assigning Elevations to Feature Lines

Got a new problem, people, and it's an unusual one. Okay, I've got three roads in my development - Street A, B and C - yeah, I know, real original, huh? Anyway, I made a corridor for each and create a surface for each. Next, I created a series of feature lines at various distances from the roads in order to define certain elevations within the site. So, I then used the "Adjacent Elevations by Reference" command to set the elevations based on those surfaces.

So far, so good.

Everything works fine for streets B and C, but for some reason I can NOT set any elevations based off of street A! I don't get it, and I can't find any reason for it. I created all three streets the same way and their corridors and surfaces are fine, but nothing I can do can get the feature lines to get elevations from that street. Now, there is one aspect of the street that is different from the other two: it loops back on itself. Why that would "damage" it, I don't know, but that is the only anomaly I can find.

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I suspect your answer is in your question: The corridor that loops back on itself somehow causes the Elevation by Reference command to get confused, and it can not tell *which* of multiple elevations to use. 

Jeffrey Rivers
Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i9 3.7GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA RTX A4000
C3D 2020 V13.2.89.0
Message 3 of 4

Thank you. However, there's still the issue at hand. Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix it? I can't cut the loop, the client wants it that way.

Message 4 of 4

Update your corridor with a new assembly or link that creates a new featureline for only the portion of interest, then use that new featureline when you set elevations by reference. 

Jeffrey Rivers
Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i9 3.7GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA RTX A4000
C3D 2020 V13.2.89.0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report