Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly intersection

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
777 Views, 8 Replies

Assembly intersection

Hi,

I have a assembly question.

I want to do some sub assembly that stop to a certain intersection. But my constraint are slopes and a variable height (see my sketch)

Is this possible ?

I know I could create a first corridor with a sloped surface and a second one with a target surface elevation. But I would whant to skip this step.

Thank you so much!

assembly question.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cwr-pae
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure if you gave enough info, but;

1. LinkWidthandSlope @ 2% for x distance

2. LinkWidthandSlope @ 30% for -x distance with a MarkedPoint,

3. Link toMarkedPoint from start of Link1.

Should get you what you drew.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: cwr-pae

IT wont work.

My distance (X) is unknown

Only the height (that is variable) is known

Message 4 of 9
cwr-pae

Curious to why you are doing this.  I suspect this will require a custom subassembly instead of using the OTB generics, but; What determines the height variable?

Message 5 of 9
Joe-Bouza

assuming your image represents the assembly insertion point with +2% to the right> variable vertical, then 30% down to the right.

Temp corridor (it can probably be done with on but this makes explaining easier):

assembly1 consist only 2% piece with enough offset to cover the variable height bla bla bla; so you make a big 2% surface.

assembly2: 

MarkPoint on assembly insert, Verical, SlopeOnSurface, Link2Markpoint at end of slope on surf will tie back to assembly2 insert point

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Is this what you are looking for (see photo).

I've created a quick pkt in sub-assembly composer.  There are variables for the distance, topslope and bottom slope and providing the intersection point is no more than 100m away from the origin then it should work.

I've not put any link or point codes on it either nor have I put a shape within the bounded area. 

Let me know if that works for you

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

That is mostly it! 

but I have to set the height of the variable to differents profile.

I mean the assembly follow a profile and the height is linkeed to some other profile.

Is this possible to do that ?

thanks!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I've updated the pkt, changing how P2 is calculated adding a target overide to the variable. I've also added a shape plus some point and link codes.

In the attached picture you can see a simple corridor I've done.  Using alignment and existing ground build the corridor.  I've then applied the alignment and design profile in the target to overide the height variable.

Hope that helps

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

This is it!

Perfect!

Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report