Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment station offset label: profile elevation differences

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cwr001
549 Views, 3 Replies

Alignment station offset label: profile elevation differences

Hello,

this one was asked before but unfortunately never answered. (So I guess, as with many unanswered things, it can't be done.)

Still, is it possible to label the difference between two profiles (not surfaces!) in an alignment station/offset-label?

I want my "Height"-value to show "0.70".

Unbenannt.JPG

Cheers!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lim.wendy
in reply to: cwr001

Hi @cwr001 ,

Thanks for posting. 🤔

Looks like your 2nd profile is at a constant elevation? If yes, you can create an expression and the add a Reference text to the alignment label. See this screencast:

Otherwise, you will need to create a volume surface as discussed here

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Rails Summit

Message 3 of 4
cwr001
in reply to: lim.wendy

Thanks for the reply - unfortunately they are not at a constant elevation so this kind expression won't suffice.

Next stop dynamo I guess! 🙂

Message 4 of 4
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: cwr001

I researched this type of situation in the past, and what I believe I came up with (in theory, and in some testing) is to  generate a surface from the profile, either by using feature lines to create a surface, or a corridor with a level section.  Just enough to give an actual surface under the alignment. then labeled the difference between the two surfaces.  We never actually used it on a real project, as the project manager caboshed the idea of trying to save time by attempting to automate the process.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report