Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust entire pipe network all at once?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Amanda
211 Views, 3 Replies

Adjust entire pipe network all at once?

Is it possible an entire pipe network could be adjusted at once? I have a pipe network that somehow got accidentally edited all at once. But not just moved vertically up or down. What happened is that the slopes of all the pipes in the network changed to 1%, and also the beginning and end elevations got thrown off vertically by about 30 feet in the process. The vertical displacement varies slightly (no pattern to it that I see), but the slope of all the pipes is now 1.0% whereas the slopes varied before; some were 0.5% and others 2.0% or whatever. How is this possible that a blanket changed happened like that all at once?

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
user181
in reply to: Amanda

If you have a pipe rule set that has a rule for minimum pipe slope and then you apply the rules to all pipes they will all adjust to the minimum slope 

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Amanda
in reply to: user181

I had no pipe rules set. Thank goodness for backup files; I didn't loose too much work/time. I determined this issue in the file happened during the CAD session when one of our surveyors accessed the file and brought in some new survey points for an existing gas line we potholed. No one else but me would have tried to apply or adjust any pipe rules etc. in this file, so it would have been a complete accident. I just didn't realize that was possible, but I don't think it could have been a random glitch.

Message 4 of 4
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Amanda

Yes. Use Project Explorer. It's available to all Civil 3D users now as of October 8th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqnUslv8tT4&t=14s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VIsA2edEWE&t=4s

Todd Rogers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report