Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new pipe sizes to parts list

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
3972 Views, 14 Replies

Adding new pipe sizes to parts list

I am trying to draw in 2in. pvc pipe, but the smallest size that autocad comes with is 3.6in. I have tried using the parts builder, but after I added the size and saved it, it's still not in the options for different pvc sizes. I've also tried using the US Imperial pipes htm. but the browser comes up blank. I dont want to change anything else than the size of the pipe. 

Any ideas?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Anonymous

In civil 3d type partcatalogregen and refresh the pipes and structures when you make edits. 

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 15
lynn_zhang

Hello @Anonymous ,

Just checking to see if your problem has been solved. Did the response from @jmayo-EE help answer your question? If yes, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button in his reply so this helps other users in the community find the solution too. Thanks!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Hello @lynn_zhang

I tried it but it didn't seem to help any. I've been busy recently and haven't played with it much after.  

To make additional pipe sizes it opens up drawing called AeccCircularPvcPipe_Metric. Then in the Special Toolbox that the drawing has I click on size parameters, BdyD1 and then change one of the existing sizes to what I need. Then I click save part family in the same toolbox, but it gives the warning that the hide part flag is checked. If I uncheck it, It checks itself again when I click save. It also gives the warning that it was unable to save to kml. due to file being read-only, but I have checked the file and it is open.

Any Ideas?

Message 5 of 15
MMcCall402

Curious, you're looking to add a 2" pipe size but editing a metric pipe definition in partbuilder.

The value you will need to edit is the PID. You'll need to add a new value.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: MMcCall402

Yes, Here everyone talks pipe sizes in Imperial. But I do all my work in metric, so I convert everything to metric.

Message 7 of 15
JasonArtley

There is a metric pipe catalog as well, have you tried using that one instead of converting the imperial?

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: JasonArtley

Yes, The smallest Pvc pipe the metric has is 75mm(3"). I need to add 51mm(2").

Message 9 of 15
Joe-Bouza

yes the smallest pvc in the catalog is 3 but 2 can be added

https://autode.sk/2WT8BHI

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I'm still having an error come up, (error saving xml file). I have removed the read only from the file.

Message 11 of 15
Joe-Bouza

is you catalog on the client od the server? is civil3d pointed to the correct catalog?

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

I think so, how would I check to make sure?

Message 13 of 15
Joe-Bouza

Modify tab>> pipe Network >> set catalog path.

if you created the part list chances are you have it set correctly. If someone else created the part list it is possible it came from a different catalog 

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

Thanks for all the help. I'm not sure what fixed it, but it works now.

Message 15 of 15
lynn_zhang

Awesome! Glad to hear it works now. Thanks for letting us know!🙂

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report