Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding more elevation data to cross section views

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1638 Views, 5 Replies

Adding more elevation data to cross section views

Hi all,

I have created some cross section views of a road from a topo drawing, but at the moment they only show the elevation values of the alignment, and the left and right swath points.  There are some 3D polylines on the topo drawing which represent kerb lines and verge lines, I want to bring these lines into the cross section views so that I can see where they lie and show the elevations at these points.  Hope that made sense.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jon

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

More information is needed.

Without seeing a sketch, are you looking to add breaklines for the kerb & verge lines to the sampled surface?

Or do you have an existing surface and do the 3d poly's represent proposed kerb features you wish to show in the section views for a comparison of proposed & existing?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

I have already added those breaklines.

Only have existing features at the moment.  The 3D polys represent existing kerb features and I want to show these in the cross section views.

I have attached the .dwg file if you wish to take a look.

Message 4 of 6
Jay_B

There are a couple options to display the kerb & verge 3d poly lines in section views:

1. Create a surface from the 3d poly's (more 3d poly's would need to be added) to properly depict steps in kerb etc.

2. Click on a Section View & choose "Launch Pad" > "Project Objects to View" > Select the 3d Poly's to be added to a given section view.

This may not be the most efficient method but will display the line intersect with section view & label elevations using a Section View > Label Styles > "Projection" label style.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 6
Jay_B

There's also the _AeccProjectObjectsToMultiSect command (found by clicking drop down arrow on launch pad panel of section view contextual ribbon).

This command allows the 3d poly's to be added to an entire section view group at one time.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for the replies Jay, the _AeccProjectObjectsToMultiSect command worked pretty well.  Right now i have this:

screenshot sections.png

I would like to tidy it up a bit by displaying the elevation information in the band, hiding the offset values and changing the colours of these projections.  Is all this possible?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report