Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add widening always gives no solution

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
wang890
2277 Views, 7 Replies

add widening always gives no solution

i am adding widening on an alignment which is only a line. just use the default values it gives no solution. sometimes works when i pick the start and end but pick anywhere in between will never work. super annoying.

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: wang890

I have the same problem. When I add widening with start station, end station, and width, sometimes it works; sometimes not. My offset alignment is static.

Is there anyone to give me an idea for the alignment widening?

Thank you

Message 3 of 8
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: Anonymous

I was having this problem and I ended up just doing a small widening, about 30m long in a straight section of the alignment, accepting the default parameters and then editing the parameters once it was created.

If editing the parameters does not work, just drag the grips.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 4 of 8
Cadguru42

What version are you using? Are you using 64-bit or 32-bit?

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadguru42

I use Civil 3D 2010 32 bit mode.

Thank you

Message 6 of 8

I was having the same problem so I followed the advice and added a widening farther down. It still kept preventing me from moving it to the station I needed when I noticed the transition point at entry was longer than the available alignment. I changed my entry length parameter to 0 and was able to move the widening. Thanks for putting me on the path.

Message 7 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: davescottmay

I love when someone is able to dig up a link from the past, a twelve-year-old thread, to find a solution today. It gives me a sense of time travel.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 8 of 8
wzerx1

Just check your settings, Commands, Add Widening, Widening Options and adjust as desired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report