Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020.3 Edit Alignment & Performance - Is It Just me?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
451 Views, 5 Replies

2020.3 Edit Alignment & Performance - Is It Just me?

C3D 2020.3

Editing alignment geometry causes C3D to hang for minutes between actions. Basically trying to insert PI or use grips to move existing PI. Turning osnaps off with xref in the background helps a little. Latest freeze has been long enough to post this and it still hasn't come back to life. This sucks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Dynamic EG profile from a large surface? 

Alignment being used as a Baseline in a Corridor that is set to Rebuild Automatic?

If you draw a lone alignment, no profiles, sections, etc., does it work the way you expect?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
klugb

I am using 2020.3 and not seeing any significant delays. In the video I edited the alignment, added a PI and moved the location. It only has a slight delay because it has:

There is a 1-mile corridor linked to it (with 

Surface profiles

finish-ground and Datum surfaces.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/16ff5b08-0e32-47a0-915c-2449e2cde349

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

There is, in fact, 3500 feet of existing ground surface profile. maybe that had something to do with it. I have the alignment where I want it now, so hopefully this is history.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

I'm noticing all kinds of slow behavior. I'm wondering how I can reduce the load imposed by the large surface. I have a pressure network referring to it or I'd remove it (it's dref'd in). I set it to no display. I wonder how I can "freeze" the surface to see if performance improves.

Message 6 of 6
raul

I was having an issue with alignment editing causing a 5-minute freeze in C3D 2020.3, after deleting all surfaces and turning off automatic rebuilds the final resort was to delete 3D objects that were created with Dynamo and projected to profiles.. that solved the issue.
Before that tried also the 2022 version, had the same issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report