Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 SP2 Issue with multiple open drawings/ Network data references

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
365 Views, 4 Replies

2019 SP2 Issue with multiple open drawings/ Network data references

We are seeing an issue with 2019 SP2 with data references.

We have data references to pipe networks in two drawings, "Utilities" and "Storm Sewer".  The two drawings data reference each other so we can see crossings.  After installation of the service pack, if we have both drawings open on the same computer and try to save one, Civil 3d will flash crash.  Usually the drawing will actually save, then crash.

Multiple projects/Computers.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wpagl452
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous; thanks for your post!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this behavior is due to an issue that the development team is still working on. Here is a link to another forum post regarding this issue. I will be updating that post with updates as they occur.

For now, I'd suggest xrefing pipe network and labeling that way or using an earlier version if possible. Not great I know, but know that this issue does have high priority.

All the best,
Winston
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: wpagl452

Winston,

Thanks for the update.  I should note I am only seeing this behavior in 2019 SP2.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 5
wpagl452
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous, I am updating the article to include 2019.2; the issue was introduced in 2019.1 to our knowledge. Are you saying that you did not see this issue while on 2019.1?

All the best,
Winston
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: wpagl452

Winston,

As part of my trouble shooting yesterday I tried it on 2019.1, same drawings and had no issues. 

AD has my files, re CaseNo:14968715.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report