Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help making a special linetype.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mezobot93
369 Views, 3 Replies

I need help making a special linetype.

Hey!

Im supposed to make a special linetype, but i cant get it right, and im not sure im doing it with the right method, im not that good with CAD, only with the basics.

Im supposed to make a linetype that looks like the pic i posted.

It supposed to represent a sewer pipe, and its global widht supposed to be the circumference of the pipe.

I made this linetype using a shape (MKSHAPE), and then made a linetype outof it (MKLTYPE).

The porblems:

-the insert and starting point is sopposed to be the yellow dot. When i made the linetype i clicked there, but it stills ad a little line at the beggining, and only starts the linetype after that. How can i make it start always with the rectangle?

-when i change the global widht its only chnages the widht of that small line (you can see on the pic). I want the global widht to be the distance between the top and the bottom of the rectangle (the red line). How can i set that up?

Is there any way to make a linetype, or any other way (maybe block) to make this happen?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mezobot93
in reply to: mezobot93

Basically i need a linetype that acts like this one.

Message 3 of 4
norman.yuan

I do not think you can reach your goal by creating your own line type file: you might be able to show the little rectangle with a shape, by changing the width/length of the rectangle (shape) according to lineweight is not possible, I think.

One alternative way is to do it programmatically, by using DrawableOverrule (i.e. to write code to let AutoCAD draw particular entity (in your code, it is likely 3Dpolyline or LWPolyline) as you wanted (a series of rectangle). Of course, this special line type presentation would only be presented when your code is loaded and in effect.

However, I'd avoid the temptation of using odd line type, which required extra linetype file to be loaded, or odd line type presentation (using DrawableOeverrule by programming), which requires extra code to be loaded (but if the odd line type presentation is only needed temporarily during certain CAD operation, it would be perfectly OK).

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
C.J.Elliott

I have made several custom linetypes following the directions laid out in this link:

http://www.thecadmasters.com/2013/01/10/creating-custom-autocad-linetypes/

As mentioned the disadvantage is the additional linetypes must be loaded and the .shx file that is associated must me in the correct directory location.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report