Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Toolbox Report from LISP

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CogoCody
196 Views, 2 Replies

Calling Toolbox Report from LISP

I'm finding a need to verify staked points versus true points in some jobs I work on. I find the "Radial or Consecutive Inverse Report" is pretty useful with just a few minor drawbacks. I can run the radial inverse report from a single occupied point to the points I need, but there would be more utility if the report could occupy a series of points and return all points within a horizontal/vertical tolerance I specify of each occupied point (e.g. give me all points within a foot and I'll sus out which points are intended and which ones are independent shots of something else). 

This seems like something I could achieve with a lisp routine since the HTML data is present with each report, but I'm not sure how to initiate the report from LISP. Does anyone have experience running these reports from LISP and how to get started? 

Alternatively, if the report I'm looking for already exists, help finding it would be awesome.

Any help is much appreciated!

CogoCody_1-1723574136408.png

CogoCody_0-1723574096220.png

Tags (3)
Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hippe013
in reply to: CogoCody

The tool you are referring to is defined here:

hippe013_0-1723581722723.png

Autodesk has shipped some of these tools along with the source code, however, I am not aware if this particular tool has source code available for modifications. I don't believe that it does. 

The macro can be launched using LISP but I don't believe that is what you have in mind as you would still need to manually change your occupy and backsight points. 

(defun c:Test ()
  (command "AeccReportRadialConsecutiveInv")
  )

Message 3 of 3
CogoCody
in reply to: hippe013

Yeah unfortunately most of these reports are compiled .dll files so I can't really mess with them. I do mess with others that come in xml formats.

If there was a way for me to interact with the window through LISP then that solution would also work for me as I could just iterate through a list of target points. I'm also not sure how I could target that specific window though.

Edit:

I should add thank you for pointing out the macro to call though, that does help me in calling these commands from a LISP routine!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report