Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFD2017 download for students

69 REPLIES 69
SOLVED
Message 1 of 70
porca_paletta
4185 Views, 69 Replies

CFD2017 download for students

I have a student account: will the CFD2017 installer be available for download?

Thank you

69 REPLIES 69
Message 21 of 70

I tried your solution but the button for run trial license doesn't work.
Message 22 of 70

Please help!, I can not add CFD motion license
Tags (1)
Message 23 of 70
vanthuc81
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Please help, I can not add CFD motionCFD licensing.PNG

Tags (1)
Message 24 of 70
tia20
in reply to: vanthuc81

I'm having the same issue. 

Worked until a few days ago now I get this:

error.png

Message 25 of 70
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: tia20

Hello all!

We now have an article to help guide you through how to fix this.

Might anyone have time to test it and let me know if it works for you?

CFD student licence

Thank you!

Jon

Message 26 of 70
peterrand

Hi Jon,

I've been having the same problem with the Motion 2017 license. I tried this solution and it didn't work for me because I was never given the option to choose "Stand-Alone," "Run," or "Activate." I attempted to uninstall and reinstall CFD 2017, but after being asked to provide my SN/PK for DSE, the software then opened up a page saying that an old license for the software has been found (see screenshot). Then I just get sent back to the 2017 DSE, where I still do not have an option to enter a license number for Motion 2017. I tried to find the old license file it is calling up but I can't seem to locate it.

It seems to have all started when my trial 30 day license expired, I assume. The first time I went into the program, I probably just selected activate and used the trial, and then after 30 days the Motion license expired and my ability to change the license went with it. 

I've been using the 2016 version for the past few weeks, which works fine and gives the ability to update the license to the 3-year version, but that is not really a great solution to the problem. Also, if I end up finding a way to update the 2017 license, I am anticipating running into issues with opening files that have been solved on different editions of the software.

Any ideas on where to locate that old license file and try the solution above again with a clean slate?

Thanks!
Peter

Message 27 of 70
tia20

As much as i want this to work it does not 😞 I cannot get the trial version to start, I've uninstalled all autodesk software from my PC, restarted, installed CFD and it jumps straight back into the 'licenced' version without the solver licence 

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 28 of 70
chakshubhagavan

No jon .Tried the method you mentioned but could not get trial option as trial period was over.I had tried this during trial period but could not get the status changed from 'trial'.

Message 29 of 70
tia20

Any progress on this? Has anyone got CFD 2017 running yet?

I'm becoming increasingly concerned as this is seriously delaying my teaching programs (i appreciate this is free on the education licence but i have a lot resting on the advertised functionality)

Thanks

Message 30 of 70
Jon.Wilde

Hi all,

I have asked the team who should know how to help, to post on here to assist you all. We thought that the previous solution should work but it sounds like it did not.

Thanks for being so patient 🙂

Jon

Message 31 of 70
tia20

Thanks Jon! I appreciate your help

Tim

*Tim Astrop PhD*Ammonoid Palaeobiology Lab
Department of Biology & Biochemistry
University of Bath
Message 32 of 70
csjhun

First of all, after a long await, now I'm able to run CFD 2017 (with Motion). Here are the steps that I've been through to get that to work:

1. Instead of downloading "Students & teachers" version, you go to "Academic institutions" and log in to "Education Community" from the Autodesk education home page. 

2. Then you will have an option for choosing license type: select Network License (I use "single license server" fyi).

3. Download the DES 2017, then it will get you SN and PK for Academic Institutions (as opposed to stand-alone starting with 900-xxxxxxxxxx). Note that you get the Motion 2017 as well for SN and PK. For Motion 2017, you don't need to "Download" the file, but simply select i) license type, ii) version, iii) OS etc, then it will get you SN and PK. 

4. Once you get SN/PK for DSE 2017 and Motion 2017, register those products (you can easily find how to register from the web).

5. Ideally, once you register those products, you would be able to see a link called "Generate Network License File" from your account management page, but I couldn't find it. 

6. Therefore, I contacted my local distributor called "Synergis" that we used to contract with. By providing our i) old network license file and ii) SN/PK for DSE 2017 and Motion 2017, they were able to generate a new network license file for us. 

7. After you get a new network license file, place it in your Autodesk Network License Manager folder (it's in Program Folders/Autodesk mostly). Note that you have the latest license manager. After setting up the license manager (eg. re-read a new license file), start the server. 

8. Get back to your machine and start your CFD 2017. Then it will pop up two options: i) Enter a serial Number, ii) Use a Network License. Here, select Network License. In my case I used: Single License Server with server name of: 2080@SERVER_NAME (for SERVER_NAME, it will be your host (server) machine name). 

9. This is it. It should be good to go!

Hope this helps.

Joseph 

Message 33 of 70
tia20
in reply to: csjhun

If this works you are a saint, away from my simulation machine right now so will report back later

Cheers

Message 34 of 70
tia20
in reply to: csjhun

Unfortunately this is not a solution in my case, our institution has no previous dealings with autodesk software distributors 😞

Message 35 of 70
tia20

Is there seriously still no fix for this? I am am desperately needing to get this software functioning. Can autodesk not give out temporary licences while the educational licence issue is fixed? A temporary solution would be extremely welcome at this point!

Cheers

Message 36 of 70
vanthuc81

Hot News!

The Autodesk has solved the CFD 2017 licensing problems!

CFD licensing.PNG

Message 37 of 70

How did they solve?

Message 38 of 70
evan.greenberg

Is there a solution for this? I was running CFD DSE and CFD Motion perfectly fine last week; unfortunately yesterday CFD Motion had disappeared. It doesn't seem that any fix mentioned previously has helped.

Message 39 of 70
tia20
in reply to: evan.greenberg

It seems not. I have been trying to resolve it for at least six weeks now. I've started learning ansys FLUENT out of desperation....

Message 40 of 70
tia20

How did you solve this? I am still having the same issue

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report