Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFD2017 download for students

69 REPLIES 69
SOLVED
Message 1 of 70
porca_paletta
4224 Views, 69 Replies

CFD2017 download for students

I have a student account: will the CFD2017 installer be available for download?

Thank you

69 REPLIES 69
Message 2 of 70
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: porca_paletta

Hi,

I believe you will, yes 🙂

This might not be immediate though, it is currently being rolled out to our customers now.

Message 3 of 70
porca_paletta
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Ok, let's wait then.

Thanks

Message 4 of 70
1Kobold23
in reply to: porca_paletta

Hi Everyone, It is May 27th 2016 and when I try to download CFD 2017 'Motion' it only lets me download CFD 2017' Design Study Environment' as the only license option. I checked in the Study and Learn tab and this is the only license Can you tell me when CFD 2017 Motion will be available for students or am I missing something with the download? Thanks Richard
Message 5 of 70
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: 1Kobold23

There is only one download, so you have the right thing. The licence is what would enable the motion module - this is where to start 🙂

Where did you get the licence?

Message 6 of 70
1Kobold23

Hi Jon Thanks for the info. I still do not know how to add in the 'Motion' module to the 'Design Study Environment' interface. Maybe I will be able to work it out. Thanks Richard
Message 7 of 70
Jon.Wilde

This is only done through the licence - you need both 'design study enivoronment' and 'motion' in the licence file. Where did the licence come from though?

Message 8 of 70
1Kobold23

Hi Jon, Thanks for persevering with me. I got the license from The Autodesk Student site. I opened the CFD Motion tab and did a Download now. When it finished downloading it said CFD 2017 successfully downloaded together with CFD viewer 2017 and SimStudio tools R2 2016 the I put in the product key and serial number and was only given the option of the Design Study Environment and this front face works ok. I run it as administrator. There was no 'Motion' part in the license. I checked on the Licensing in the start and learn tab and there is only the Design Study Environment license available. Richard
Message 9 of 70
Anonymous

Richard,

You're not the only one bumping into that situation. I'm still waiting for an "ad-hoc" answer for this non-intutive activation process for those two packages, i.e., Design Study Env. 2017 and CFD Motion 2017. I'm still having trouble understanding which SN/PK needs to be used when you activate the CFD 2017 enabling Motion at the same time while you have only one chance to provide the SN/PK for activation. 

My theory behind (which I'm trying now) is that use the SN/PK of CFD Motion 2017 when you activate the CFD 2017 (instead of using the SN/PK of Design Study Environment) could solve the problem. This is based on my research assistant's experience. This may not be the case for you if you use Network license.

Joseph 

Message 10 of 70
1Kobold23
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi joseph Thanks for the reply. I tried to input the SN/PK for 'Motion' but it said that it was the wrong PK and in the end I could only input the PK for 'Design Study Environment'. Maybe someone will have the answer and post it on the board. Richard
Message 11 of 70
Jon.Wilde

Hi guys,

I use the design study environment (DSE) number to install, it should not matter though. I would expect your licence to have both the DSE and Motion within it. I spoke to the edu team this week and they suggested I speak with the installation and licencing team 🙂
So, this is on my task list for next week. I hope to find you a contact who can help.

When you downloaded CFD, did you get a '.lic' file at any point? I am trying to understand exactly how your licences were produced.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 12 of 70
jbmerrifield

Hello,

I'm also having the same issue. I have a license for the Design Study Environment, but not for CFD Motion. I have a serial number for CFD Motion, but no idea where to enter it. Everything was working fine until a few days ago. Uninstalling and reinstalling all Autodesk software didn't help. It didn't even ask for a serial number actually. If I try to update the license, it will reboot and ask if I'd like to use a local or a network license, but it doesn't actually ask me to put in the serial number, it just takes me to the application.

Capture.PNG

Message 13 of 70
1Kobold23

Hi Jon, I think that speaking to the installation and licensing team is a very good way to go next. I checked the CFD 2017 program files but did not find a '.Lic' file. I looked through CFD 2016 and it lets you input the key for the 'Motion' part. But CFD 2017 does not allow this although the download says CFD 'Motion'. It only allows the 'Design Study environment' key to be input and it downloads the 'Design Study Environment' and works ok. Regards Richard
Message 14 of 70
Jon.Wilde

They are investigating - it seems like this might have effected quite a few people and the process you originally took was correct. Hopefully I will have more soon!

Message 15 of 70
1Kobold23

Hi Jon, That sounds great. It doesn't sound like a big issue for Autodesk to resolve. As an aside. I used to be a SolidWorks guy, but I have been 110% fully converted to AutoCad, Inventor, Simulation Mechanical etc.. It is absolutely amazing what can be done with all the Autodesk products. Thanks Richard
Message 16 of 70
Anonymous
in reply to: jbmerrifield

I am also facing same problem
Message 17 of 70
Anonymous

Hopfully, AD comes up with a good solution for this issue soon.

Literally, we are facing a trouble with not being able to run multiple simulations in order.

What makes me even more worry is that Education Support doesn't seem to realize this issue at all. 😞

Message 18 of 70
Jon.Wilde

Hi,

I spoke with them this week, they know and a fix is in the works. I am not sure when this will be though - I will post as soon as I do!

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Jon

Message 19 of 70
1Kobold23

Hi Jon, thanks for the up-date and thanks for taking this to the end. That's great Richard
Message 20 of 70
Jon.Wilde

Hi all,

Assuming you have both an activation code and product key for the Design Study Environment (DSE) AND for the Motion solver, we can get this working 🙂

If not, we are putting together an article to help with getting these numbers 🙂

If you do have both, could you try the following?

After installation:

1. Open the UI and choose “standalone” in the LGS dialog.
  2. Choose “Run” and not “Activate” in the welcome dialog (this starts a trial)
  3. Click the Licensing button in the UI to pull up the license info dialog.  You should see the DSE license plus all of the solver licenses listed as Trial
  4. If you expand the DSE item, you can update the serial number and activate the DSE license, same as if you had done it the first time instead of starting a trial
  5. Repeat for the motion license.  You will have to use a activation code and product key specific to motion

The key to this workflow is that choosing trial will expose the licensing UI for each of the licenses, allowing you to activate each one.

Please do post back here if this works!

Thanks,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report