Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFD 2019.2 has been released

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
heath.houghton
1748 Views, 16 Replies

CFD 2019.2 has been released

• CFD 2019.2 has been released.  Users can utilize the Autodesk Desktop Application or go to your Autodesk Account portal to update either version 2019.0 or 2019.1 to the latest, version 2019.2.

This release main focus is on UI performance and stability.

• As a new feature, we have included setup unit preferences.  This has shown to dramatically reduce the amount of input operations required to set up a model.   Additionally, we updated geometry libraries to support both Inventor 2020 and Revit 2020.

Below is also a list of some of the main bug fixes and solver changes:

• Fixed particle traces causing UI shutdown
  • Reverted k-e intelligent wall formulation to OFF as default – to support customer requests 
  • Fixed logic error for resid_heat_flux_calc flag presence detection in the UI. 
  • Code improvement to prevent crash/CER on exit seen using some hardware configurations
  • Turned off word wrap for design study bar to prevent vertical overlapping of text.
  • Change name of "Length Scale" in UI
  • Fixed tab widget scaling issue for Builder Manager Dialog (for CAD Launch)
  • Fix for slow processing of input for certain rotating region models. 
  • Changed the flag "resid_heat_flux_calc" to 0 as default.
  • Implemented geometry detection changes which allowed for more consistent usage of compact thermal models
  • Disable new wall calculator in solver when view factor-based radiation is on.

Regards,

Heath Houghton

Autodesk Fluids Simulation Product Manager

Heath Houghton
Principal Business Consultant
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

The application window seems broken in this update. It is mislocated across multiple screens at startup and when maximized to fit the screen it disappears and cannot be recovered in any known way.

I experience this on NVIDIA Quadro graphics card with driver version 431.70 on both Windows 7/10.

So I have reverted back to 2019.1.

Message 3 of 17

Hi to everybody,

I did upgrade 2 days ago, and I have an annoying problem with UI: 

when I change ribbon appearance (e.g. to Titles Group only) and I add some new command to Quick Access Bar and/or I move the Quick Access Bar below the Ribbon, anything works fine, till I close CFD.

At next start of CFD2019, any UI modification is lost and I need to do it again. 

Thank you for your attention, Piero

p.s. any news about release CFD 2020?

Piero Cirrottola
Message 4 of 17

Hello everyone,

I have to agree with the UI/screen problems too.

Another thing which i found is, that i can't type dot "." after any numbering whatsoever... For example for mesh refining i can't type let's say 0.7... the dot just don't appear. And of course - when i used "," instead of a "." then the effect was not applied, the mesh refining was acting like i typed a default number (meaning that no refining was done at all). In case of boundary conditions - f.e. when i wanted to set a boundary condition to a chip saying that the power is "3.5W" the dot didn't appear. When "," was used - once applied the total heat generation was set to "0W" (default number) instead of "3,5W". As a mechanical engineer who has to work with high frequency electronics, the tenths or even thousandths are a very huge dealbreaker !

If it could be resolved ASAP i would be really thankful.

Best Regards,
Miloš Tomčo
3D Mechanical engineer

Message 5 of 17

I am having a similar problem. The top of the application window is off the screen when maximized. I have to change the screen resolution to see the top of the window. The top of the window will again be inaccessible if the window is maximized no matter what the screen resolution is set to.

Message 6 of 17

Hi, and how you reverted CFD from 2019.2 to 2019.1, because I have the same problem

Message 7 of 17

I simply did a complete uninstall of all CFD 2019.2 components and then installed 2019.1 from scratch.

Message 8 of 17

Hello, 

i experience the same thing as @milos.tomco 
the coma/dot does not work at all. When a refine region at 0.5 the software understand 5 
@_@ 

THX 

Fred

Message 9 of 17
pfrombout
in reply to: heath.houghton

I'm experiencing the same problems as others are reporting in this thread. Is there any news on fixes coming out for CFD? The comma/dot problems and the window sizing or the window completely disappearing problems basically make this program unusable.

Can we at least get some confirmation that it's being looked into/worked on?

Message 10 of 17
siegijank
in reply to: heath.houghton

I experienced also severe problems importing geometry from Inventor 2020 on a completely fresh installed maschine: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initalized".

Besides resizing of CFD 2019.2 UI Window is complete broken.

What can solve that problem?

Made a complete reinstall to 2019.1. UI works again but now only import from Inventor 2019 is possible (of course).

Message 11 of 17
alexwouters
in reply to: siegijank

Same Issue here with the Qt Plugin. What's wrong here? No reply from support either... :-(((

Message 12 of 17
siegijank
in reply to: alexwouters

I also tried to contact the support via E-Mail: Nothing since almost one week now. Nobody's answering the phone there either.

The tool cannot be used altough we paid for that.

Message 13 of 17

I'm very disappointed in the build quality of 2019 CFD. The issue with decimal point parameter error is still not fixed, which makes it impossible to use masses for traces. I would have expected better from a world renown company.

Message 14 of 17
André.Silva
in reply to: Aspenforest

Hello, 

I had many backup simulations saved in my HDD (all with 2019.1). Now when I try to run them on 2019.2 it shows the “Analysis has stopped working...” and I found that this happens If I use a material defined by me and which has the 2nd order polymer...

This update needs a lot of attention since it brouggt more problems than solutions.

Thanks.
André Silva
Mechanical Engineer Student - Master's Degree
ISEP - Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto
Message 15 of 17

How did you find the 2019.1 version?
If I download CFD it always downloads version 2019.2. I downloaded 2019.1 update but it doesn't let me go back to that version...
Any help?

Thanks.
André Silva
Message 16 of 17

I can download all previous version from https://manage.autodesk.com.

Message 17 of 17

Thank you! Saved me big time.
Simply just go to Update & Add-ons and download the 2019.1 version.

Thanks.
André Silva

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report