Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The interconnection between BIM 360, BIM 360 Field, BIM 360 IQ & BIM 360 Insight

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1140 Views, 6 Replies

The interconnection between BIM 360, BIM 360 Field, BIM 360 IQ & BIM 360 Insight

Hey there

currently I am writing my bachelorthesis about the application possibilities of artificial intelligence (AI) in the construction industry and the processing of a project.

In the main part of myThesis I would like to introduce some applications which are based on AI to support a construction Project during the planning, execution and operational Phase.
During researches I found BIM 360, BIM 360 Field, BIM IQ and BIM 360 Insight mainly for the execution Phase.

Actually I do have Problems to comprehend the interconnections between those applications. I will list some questions below:

1. Is it possible to use BIM 360 without any other Autodesk appication? Is BIM 360 the synonym for the Cloud-platform  where all Project-documents can be filed?
2. Is BIM 360 Field built on the existing platform BIM 360 or is it necessary to create a new platform to apply BIM 360 Field?
(side-questions: Is BIM 360 Field using AI for operationg? How does BIM 360 Field Support the commissioning?)

3. If BIM 360 Field files all documents and issues concerning a Project, BIM 360 IQ and BIM 360 Insight can Analyse the issues and rate them concerning their critically by using an artificial intelligent algorithm. What exactly is the difference between BIM 360 IQ and BIM 360 Insight? How are they exactly connected to BIM 360 Field?

I would be glad to receive a detailled answer.

If there are any further applications for projectmanagement and the construction industry, I would be pleased to obtain additional Information.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Anna

Student from Germany

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Manu.Venugopal
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, I will contact you directly to discuss more.

Thanks,

Manu

Manu Venugopal

Senior Product Manager

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Manu.Venugopal

@Manu.Venugopal,

Is there any way I can be looped into this discussion? I too am researching the same topic and would like some clarification on these items.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Anna,

Have you received any more information on the following products (specifically Insight)?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

@Anonymous

I haven't received an answer on my questions yet since Manu is out of Office until today.

As soon as I get a helpful respond, I can share it with you!

Message 6 of 7
Manu.Venugopal

@Anonymous I have sent you a direct message to connect. 

Manu Venugopal

Senior Product Manager

Message 7 of 7

I'd like to add to this question.
I cannot figure out how to feed equipment data from BIM 360 field back to Glue.

Every source I've found which answers that question says "just enter your data in Field, then use the Revit add-in to extract the data from Glue!"

The problem is that Glue isn't picking up the data from Field.  There's an option in Glue to "share with field".  It works.
There's an option in Field to "Add model from Glue."  That works.  Mapping equipment works.
But how do you share those mapped properties back to Glue?  It doesn't seem to happen automatically.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report