Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2020 can't access BIM 360

37 REPLIES 37
SOLVED
Message 1 of 38
dean
27692 Views, 37 Replies

Revit 2020 can't access BIM 360

I have a model that I have saved up to BIM 360 through my account using the Collaborate function of Revit 2020. There is no problem completing the upload and everything seemed to work fine..... except I invited a member to the project and gave her permissions and invited her to work on the file. Unfortunately when she goes to open the file via the BIM 360 icon inside the Revit open diagoue box there is no BIM 360 icon for her to do that so she has no access to the file. I then noticed that I don't have a BIM 360 icon in my open dialogue box either. Does anyone know why this is? How is one to open the file if there is no BIM 360 icon to network over to it (and don't use Desktop Connector through your PC directory as that will open it in a non-worksharing way!)?

I have Revit 2020 on subscription but due to the REVIT INSTALLATION BUG my Revit 2020 was placed permanently in viewer mode and I had to apply the temporary fix from AutoDesk that puts your Revit in "Trial mode" (there is still no permanent fix to the VIEWER MODE bug!). Is it possible that Trial versions don't have access to the BIM 360 icon and therefore no BIM 360?

I will note that in Revit 2019 all of this worked flawlessly!

I should mention that since I uploaded the model through the Collaborate function I still have access to the model via my Recent files window but no access to them via BIM 360 since there is no button for it. Did Revit 2020 decide there is some other way to access their service that I just don't know about?

Any help would be appreciated......

37 REPLIES 37
Message 21 of 38
Anonymous
in reply to: minjie.wang

Hi Minji. I've been using bim360 for 2018 revit models. I just upgraded a lot of them to 2020 and now trying to use Collaborate in Cloud to send to 360 but I'm not seeing the project hub in the "Collaborate using the cloud" list. I signed out and back in. What can I do?

Thanks

Mark

Message 22 of 38
minjie.wang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mark, how did you upgrade these 2018 models to 2020? Did you download all the models and upgrade them locally? If yes, you need to create a new empty BIM 360 project and initiate these locally upgraded models to this new project. Or you use new Cloud Model upgrade? If yes, then you should be able to navigate and access the project form Revit Home. Could you find your models from Revit Home?

Minjie Wang
Sr Product Owner
Message 23 of 38
Darin_HDR
in reply to: dean

This one got me too because I have two different BIM 360 accounts associated with my one Autodesk account. Revit did not intentionally recognize the second BIM 360 account and so I had no way of finding my models as to open them as described in this thread. That was until I  opened the file I just created from the thumbnail view (since the BIM 360 project folder was not showing up in the "B" bar on the left for our cloud models. My only question is why...why? It was working great, everyone got it and then Autodesk decides to change things up. Stop already let us learn new stuff, not spend time learning stuff we already knew how to do. Just stop already. I mean really, I can't open a model (even if it is cloud based) by actually selecting the open button under "Models". I mean that was where we used to open all models. Now we should have just known that only some models can be opened by the open button under models and all other models need to be opened from some other location. STOOOP, please stop...(sad wimping cry)

Message 24 of 38
Anonymous
in reply to: mstehmanEZKDP

I am using Revit 2020 and have my BIM 360 menu, and I can see the project file, but I am unable to click or access it? Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 25 of 38
minjie.wang

Could you explain a little bit more about:"I can see the project file but cannot access and click it"? Can you see all the models under BIM 360 account>BIM 360 project at Revit Home? Does Revit Home freeze so that you cannot click and open the model? Could you upload the journal file (How to find Revit journal file) so that team could have deeper investigation?

Minjie Wang
Sr Product Owner
Message 26 of 38
Anonymous

Files are greyed out so can't select. I thought it had something to do with my BIM360 permissions but apparently I have been given full access. All though the file name has RVT19 it has been upgraded to RVT20. File yet to be renamed.

gcraneCWEXQ_1-1599078951031.png

Message 27 of 38
minjie.wang

Did the issue happen after you upgrade these models from Revit 2019 to 2020?

Minjie Wang
Sr Product Owner
Message 28 of 38
Anonymous

No. I was having the same issue with 2019. But what I've since found out is that I may not have a BIM360 account.

Message 29 of 38
DeepakMaini

@Anonymous the files inside Revit appear Greyed out if you do not have BIM 360 Design subscription assigned to you. Please have your Autodesk Account admin assign you a subscription of BIM 360 Design.

Cheers

Deepak Maini
ENGINEER | AUTHOR | SPEAKER | MENTOR | PODCASTER
www.deepakmaini.com
Message 30 of 38
Anonymous

I'm having a different issue finding models in BIM 360 though Revit 2020.  I see the project folders in BIM 360 but when I open the folders I'm not seeing the models located in them.  The model was created in 2020.Bim 360_Revit 2020 Problem.png

Message 31 of 38
Darin_HDR

@Anonymous can you see the files when you check the folders on your web browser? How are you uploading the files to BIM 360?

Message 32 of 38
Anonymous

Hello Darin,

I'm uploading using the upload command in BIM 360 from windows explorer on my machine.  Revit 2019 can files but not Revit 2020.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

John

Message 33 of 38
Darin_HDR

@Anonymous  I think you need to upload via Revit.

In Revit go to the Collaborate table.

Select Collaborate from the Manage Collaboration section

Then select "In the cloud" option

Then pick your project and folder you want to save it.

I'm pretty sure I did the same thing when I first started using BIM 360. 

Hope this helps.

Message 34 of 38
Anonymous

Thank you Darin. That seems to have worked.

Message 35 of 38
aniruddha.joshi

I am unable to access the projects in Revit 2020 with BIM360.There are only projects and sub folders shown but not active in model. So please solve this problem as soon as possibleCapture.PNG 

Message 36 of 38
RobDraw
in reply to: aniruddha.joshi

This is most likely a problem on your end. Best guess is that you are using the wrong version of Revit to access the model.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 37 of 38

Could you please check if you have an active subscription of BIM Collaborate Pro? Thanks. 

Deepak Maini
ENGINEER | AUTHOR | SPEAKER | MENTOR | PODCASTER
www.deepakmaini.com
Message 38 of 38
salebraheme
in reply to: mstehmanEZKDP

Im having the same issue, the revit Files are shown on Revit, but not accessible with light font. 

i have given access to another BIM360 account with the same permissions and they were able to open the model normally, 

so no issue with publishing the model. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report