Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2020 can't access BIM 360

37 REPLIES 37
SOLVED
Message 1 of 38
dean
27300 Views, 37 Replies

Revit 2020 can't access BIM 360

I have a model that I have saved up to BIM 360 through my account using the Collaborate function of Revit 2020. There is no problem completing the upload and everything seemed to work fine..... except I invited a member to the project and gave her permissions and invited her to work on the file. Unfortunately when she goes to open the file via the BIM 360 icon inside the Revit open diagoue box there is no BIM 360 icon for her to do that so she has no access to the file. I then noticed that I don't have a BIM 360 icon in my open dialogue box either. Does anyone know why this is? How is one to open the file if there is no BIM 360 icon to network over to it (and don't use Desktop Connector through your PC directory as that will open it in a non-worksharing way!)?

I have Revit 2020 on subscription but due to the REVIT INSTALLATION BUG my Revit 2020 was placed permanently in viewer mode and I had to apply the temporary fix from AutoDesk that puts your Revit in "Trial mode" (there is still no permanent fix to the VIEWER MODE bug!). Is it possible that Trial versions don't have access to the BIM 360 icon and therefore no BIM 360?

I will note that in Revit 2019 all of this worked flawlessly!

I should mention that since I uploaded the model through the Collaborate function I still have access to the model via my Recent files window but no access to them via BIM 360 since there is no button for it. Did Revit 2020 decide there is some other way to access their service that I just don't know about?

Any help would be appreciated......

37 REPLIES 37
Message 2 of 38
minjie.wang
in reply to: dean

Thanks for reporting it. For Revit 2020 or later, the original BIM 360 entrance in the Open dialog has been removed, since non-workshared cloud model won’t be supported in the original entrance and new Cloud Model Browser provides more intuitive features. 

You will be able to browse and open file just at Revit Home page.

2019-04-15_1029.png

The similar question has also been answered at:https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/bim-360-icon-doesn-t-show-up-in-revit-2020-o...

Minjie Wang
Sr Product Owner
Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
in reply to: minjie.wang

This is not an intuitive feature.

Message 4 of 38
russneill

Sorry, I don't get this. As the Revit 2020 is a new install nothing is showing up in the recent files list. How do I get access to my files in BIM360?

Message 5 of 38
minjie.wang
in reply to: russneill

After you signed in with Autodesk Account. Revit will check your entitlement and present all the available BIM 360 projects to the Revit Home page. You just need to choose the project you are working on, and all the cloud models will show up at the right table.

Minjie Wang
Sr Product Owner
Message 6 of 38
jframe

How do you open the Revit home page once inside Revit? Do you have to exit and then re-open Revit?

Message 7 of 38
jframe

How do i get all my projects to show up? Only recent ones are on the list? how do I access all BIM files?

Message 8 of 38
jframe

How long does this process take? I can only access one of my projects? How can it work so FLAWLESSLY in 2019 and then get so messed up in 2020?

Message 9 of 38
minjie.wang
in reply to: jframe

Revit only show the BIM 360 projects which match the current Revit version, which means only the projects containing Revit 2020 cloud models will show up at the project list. You could upgrade the whole 2019 projects by accessing the new upgrade service. Please refer to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDJelUnoNlo

For how to switch back to Revit Home when you are opening a new document, please refer to this article: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/U..., there is a small icon besides "R" icon at the Ribbon.

Minjie Wang
Sr Product Owner
Message 10 of 38
jframe

Thanks for the reply, the video helped. However, even though we have converted our project files, not all 2020 users are able to access the files, they just don't show up on the home screen.

Message 11 of 38
minjie.wang

Can you log a problem report through our customer supporter? Only based on the description, we cannot diagnose if it is a general bug or something related to you team members' account. Thanks for understanding.

Minjie Wang
Sr Product Owner
Message 12 of 38

Is it possible to open more than one cloud model at a time? I am trying to copy and paste some detail elements from one model to another? How is this accomplished?

Message 13 of 38
Anonymous

If this is the only way to open a BIM 360 file, how would you open a second BIM 360 project in the same instance? (I need to do this to copy items from a Phase 1 model into a Phase 2 model) 

Message 14 of 38
minjie.wang
in reply to: Anonymous

You could open multiple cloud models and work on them. The only thing is you need to open one by one, instead of multi-select several models and open them at the same time. This behavior did not change since we introduced cloud worksharing.

Minjie Wang
Sr Product Owner
Message 15 of 38
jasonEES8F

Once a Revit model is open there seems to be no way to access 360 to open a second model.  Unless you close the first model or launch a second Revit.  This would make the Transfer properties is useless if you work in the cloud.  We have some very large files, and it is not intuitive for us to download the model to transfer properties either.

Message 16 of 38
jasonEES8F
in reply to: jasonEES8F

Scratch that.... Found the "Home" or ctl-D button next to the Revit Icon.  This takes you back to the home screen where you can select an additional cloud model.

Message 17 of 38
pedro.hf.silva

Ctrl+D

Pedro Henrique Fonseca e Silva
Direcional Engenharia S/A | Podcast BIMCafé
Belo Horizonte, BR
Message 18 of 38
MelonieB
in reply to: dean

CTRL+D will take you back to the home screen, or click on the button next to the old-school "R" in the top left corner. Another thing to note, if you want to audit your files while opening, click on the classic non-intuitive 3 buttons on the far right of your file name, and select "Open and Audit". Took me a while to figure that one out! 

2020-02-05 10_11_09-Window.png2020-02-05 10_12_47-Window.png

Tags (1)
Message 19 of 38
mstehmanEZKDP

401pm.JPG  I am using Revit 2020 and have my BIM 360 menu, and I can see the project file, but I am not able to click or access it? Any ideas what is wrong? Me and the architect who created it have done everything we can think of.

Thanks

Message 20 of 38
MelonieB
in reply to: mstehmanEZKDP

Did Randy Mitchel publish it yet? Also, check the permissions on the project admin (Design Collaboration). I'm just guessing here, I haven't seen a project greyed out like that before. Usually you either see it or you don't. I'm just guessing that it could be that you only have "view" access, but I have never had "view only" access before 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report