Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Management does not recognize user's COMPANY to assign folder permissions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
381 Views, 3 Replies

Document Management does not recognize user's COMPANY to assign folder permissions

Hi!

I wonder if others have found that the doc management is not recognizing user's COMPANIES(only for companies of new project members on old or new projects). All users have a company assigned in the project admin/member list. It is known we can assign folder permissions by user, company or role. New Companies are not showing up in the ADD PERMISSIONS dialog in the Doc management module. I can search users and assign folder permissions, but their companies do not show up in the search. We mostly assign permissions by company.

We just realized it while adding new members from external consultants to an existing project. Previous companies from earlier users are being used to assign folder permissions. However, new companies are not being recognized.

This is happening to projects created via BIM 360 user interface or BIM 360 API. Additionally, the Permissions API fails to assign permissions as well because the resource (company_id I would guess) does not exist or is not active.

I would gladly appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Xavier

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rdeardorff
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having the exact same issue.

Yesterday I added a new user to a project (this introduced a new company to that project as well) and was not able to add permissions for that company for over two hours.

Today I created two new projects for my company.  I added users but have been unable to setup permissions for my company for either project.  I certainly am not willing to add a permission for every single person I invite to the project.  I hope Autodesk resolves this issue soon.

Message 3 of 4
rdeardorff
in reply to: rdeardorff

Update: This is still a problem but it eventually fixes itself.  Both of the projects I mentioned in my last post finally allowed me to add a company permission 8 hours after adding the users from said company.

Now obviously this is not really acceptable as we sometimes need to get projects going right away and do not have the luxury of waiting 8 hours before we can do so but at least it does eventually resolve itself.

Might this be something that gets fixed in the upcoming maintenance?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Same behavior and problems on the accounts we manage over here. Autodesk support contacted me on Friday and they are looking into it. I hope it gets fixed soon. Thanks for the update!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report