Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM360 Docs upload and processing performance issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
616 Views, 3 Replies

BIM360 Docs upload and processing performance issues

Good day, 

We are constantly facing instability and upload/processing issues with BIM360 Docs:

specific issues are as follows:

1.  the speed of upload and processing (this is a critical requirement for tender documents)
  2. creating folders and sub-folders using BIM360 Desktop Connector is not stable, is not consistent and may fail with no specific report/log of the complete and incomplete files/folders uploaded (we require this to work more stable than MS Onedrive because we are dealing with large Autodesk files or design drawings that are larger than Microsoft office files, hence require dedicated performance - average desktop connector solutions is not helpful).
  3. After upload, some pdf, dwg or even Revit files will be deemed as failed without any specific reason. We need to have these all "un-processed files" uploaded and stored as a minimum if the viewing is not possible for some reason, but no fails, please. This system should work without a fail.
  4. Overall lack of logging and transparent reporting about overall files uploaded to a project. Yes, there is folder level logs with we require a comprehensive log of all the files uploaded so we can track what has failed or been missed by human error, or BIM360 Desktop Connector failure per se. 

The above issues have been raised many times before by our employees and by me, either as individual forum threads or ideas but we never saw a substantial improvement or resolution.

Please, help get BIM360 work as it should.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ilai_rotbaein
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

We detected an issue with the upload process to Docs about an hour ago and are working to fix it. We expect this will get fixed shortly, I apologize for the inconvenience. We will post updates in health.autodesk.com.

Ilai

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ilai_rotbaein

I appreciate this @ilai_rotbaein . My concern is more general than today's case. 

Message 4 of 4

Thank you for the quick reply, we have now resolved the issue detected earlier so this should significantly improve the experience. We will also look into your comment about this being something you've experienced a few times now, we've seen cases where it may be due to certain configurations of the IT department in certain companies but let us look into it first and get back to you with an update.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report