Community
BIM 360 Plan Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Plan Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Plan topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Format Bug in the import-template

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
755 Views, 1 Reply

Date Format Bug in the import-template

Hey,

i've been using the provided Excel-template to import Tasks to BIM 360 Plan. In the template it says for the "Finish Date" format to be MM/DD/YYYY. I tried using it that way but it imports the data with DD/MM/YYYY so basically switches day and month. This results obviously in a mess. It took me some time to find the problem but after changing all my data in the import spreadsheet to DD/MM/YYYY it worked like a charm.

Maybe you should look into the import function and/or the template but rather one seems off.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mike.davison
in reply to: Anonymous

Fabian:

Thanks for raising this issue.  The information in the template is correct for users who have a native date format setting as MM/DD/YYYY in Excel (in other words, US users).  I suspect that your native format is DD/MM/YYYY.

You may have noticed that Plan does not yet support international dates in the format of DD/MM/YYYY.  We have that on the roadmap.  In the interim, we will update the template so that it gives correct directions for those using international date formats.

Best,

Mike

mike.d

Head of BIM 360 Product Management & UX

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report