Community
BIM 360 Ops Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Ops Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Ops topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical models not visible in 3d View.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ManishaB
1760 Views, 5 Replies

Mechanical models not visible in 3d View.

Hi, I created revit model and exported the assets in BIM 360 OPS. I could see the list of assets but when I click on 3D view, they are not visible. Even see pipes, pipe accessories in 3d view are not visible. Also tried with model browser, but no success. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you so much.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @ManishaB 

In Mechanical Asset record, under 3D model, does it say None or View?

In the default Revit 3D View {3D}, is the Mechanical equipment categories turned on?   This may be different than the view you have open and are exporting from.

BIM 360 Ops uses the Revit default view for exporting the model.   

Only standalone Revit files are supported.  If this is a linked model, we can work with you on the linked model workflow.

Mark Mergenschroer

BIM 360 Ops

Mark Mergenschroer
Autodesk Tandem
Message 3 of 6

Yes mechanical equipment's turned on, still cannot see pipes. Also I have used same valve family at different locations, but I can see  some in 3D view while some just as lines.

Message 4 of 6
ManishaB
in reply to: ManishaB

This is how it is visible

ManishaB_1-1588157169238.png

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ManishaB

In my opinion, every view that is on a sheet should be defined by a template. Filters allow the conditional statements to query the model elements in the For example, door handles should not be visible in plan and only visible in elevation when the view is set to fine. This oproblem can affect a plan view or a 3D view.

FirstCallOnline

Message 6 of 6
mark.mergenschroer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

Thank you for your feedback, I will pass this on to the development team.

The BIM 360 Ops workflow is to export the default 3D View from Revit to Ops.  {3D}.  This view should be set up exactly how you want it to look in BIM 360 Ops, with Worksets, Categories, Filters, and Phases set properly.  

It does not export the 3D view you are working in, only the default Revit 3D view.

Thank you,

Mark Mergenschroer
Autodesk Tandem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report