Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Compatable BIM 360 Field

Windows Compatable BIM 360 Field

I would love to see a windows compatable version of BIM 360 Field.  We use Windows compatable tablets and would love to be able to use the Windows Tablets to manage construction in the field via BIM 360.  Only having this program available on the iPad limits the effectiveness of the program.

7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with this comment completely.  Currently, I use BIM 360 on a Windows tablet using the full version when wifi is available but wifi is not always available or reliable on a construction site.  There really needs to be a version that will allow operation while not connected with a sync option for Windows tablets.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure if either of you are aware, but Latista now has a Windows app that allows our clients to fully utilize our solution in the field with or without connectivity. Now we have full functionality on both iPads and Windows tablets moving forward. 

ed.bellman
Enthusiast

I agree, a Windows 10 universal app, based around touch input, would be awesome.  Autodesk and Microsoft seem to be working together on other things (Hololens, etc.) so why not Field and Glue Windows apps?

brendillon
Contributor

I can't support this suggestion enough. Telling someone who is already doing a huge amount of their work on a Surface tablet that they either have to carry an iPad as well, or use the far clunkier desktop interface has earned me many a sour look.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have to completely agree.. Also I often find myself shunted to the BIM360 GLUE app or website when trying to login to BIM360 field. ITs frustrating. Please support the OS that most all your other software rides on. Its ridiculous that it doesn't.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is ridiculous that an app for Windows does not exist!  All of us do not drink the Apple Kool-Aid!  My field personnel have no ability to create issues or take photos with our state of the art Surface Pro PCs.  The features that are in the Android and Apple BIM 360 apps just needs to be turned on in a Windows browser session. A really simple fix.

Do you really think that everyone that is going to use your product uses an Android or Apple device, wake up!

I know that Build next gen is in its infancy,  fix this now.  I really cannot justify the price tag of build for crippled services on our MS Surface Pro PCs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Revit isn't even offered on OS X.... Why in the hell would they involve apple now?  Obvs. they have some kind of contract with apple to make them exclusive providers for the mobile aspect of the platform.  Autodesk... you have the monopoly on the American market, why do this?..... you can call the shots.  Windows functionality is a basic necessity.  Why I even have to write this blows my mind. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report