Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support of touch screen in BIM360 Field Labrary

Support of touch screen in BIM360 Field Labrary

Hi, 

In order to use a touch screen TV to look at the files within the labrary of BIM360 Field in Google Chrome or other browsers, it would be appreciated that BIM360 Field supports two points events in contradiction of the one point event that a mouse is using. 

Actually, it is not possible to zoom (2 points events) are move (also 2 points events) a file in the labrary viewer with a touch screen TV in BIM360 Field because 2 points events are not supported in BIM360 Field. 

This improvment is essential to us in order to become paperless. 

Thanks !

4 Comments
doreen.dvoretz
Autodesk
Hello,

Could you please share the make and model type of the touch screen TV you're using?

Thanks,
Doreen Dvoretz
Engineering and Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @doreen.dvoretz 

This is not a problem of TV or screen, it's a Autodesk support issue. 

Please see case #15148839 where I explain that I tried with alot of different make/model of touch screen TV and laptop. The official response of Autodesk was this : 

"I got an update from developer that there isn't special support for operations of touch screen in classic Field app. All rules are according to the normal mouse events, which only supports one point. Zoom operation requires two points, which is not yet supported in Field library. This seems a great candidate for BIM 360 Ideas, please raise this to this board, so that our development team review and reflect your idea in our future releases."

Thanks

doreen.dvoretz
Autodesk

Hi @Anonymous ,

My intention was not to imply that there's a problem with your TV or screen. Large (TV-sized) touch screens have some technical differences across different makes and models. Meaning, supporting one or several models won't necessarily mean supporting all large touch screens. If you can provide some sample makes/models, that will aid our development teams in knowing which devices are in common use by customers. They could then target those devices when they look into supporting large touch screens.

Best Regards,

Doreen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @doreen.dvoretz , 

I can tell you that this model https://www.usa.philips.com/p-p/55BDL4051T_00/signage-solutions-multi-touch-display/overview and a 40" Hisense touch screen TV have been used. Also a laptop computer with touch screen. 

Those exemples are not what we are using on every project, they are only exemples. 

I hope that "2 points events" will be supported by BIM360 Field library soon, what ever the make and model of touch screens are used. 

If I can help with anything concerning this improvment, please feel free to contact me !

Thanks !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report