Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting assets on user created fields

Sorting assets on user created fields

Hello, 

we are a production company and we are duingebied Autodesk Build to streamline production. With the use off assets we are creating window and door elements. But we Need power bi to sort the assests in the right order off production. Would be better if we can sort on user created fields so we can produce directly from the ipad. And give the assets the right status. 

best regards, 

8 Comments
c.schoneveld
Advocate

using *

robert_smith
Autodesk

Hello @c.schoneveld ,

What type of custom field is your team typically sorting to see the list of assets in order of production (date, text, multiselect, dropdown)? How does your team prioritize which assets need to be fabricated first? For example, do you sort by a custom date field that lists the anticipated delivery date, and fabricate the window/door based on which item needs to be delivered first?

Thank you,

c.schoneveld
Advocate

Hello Robert,

well our elements are getting a nummer sequence.. 

thanks for the fast reaction! 

best regards 

c.schoneveld
Advocate

I saw That i only answered half of youre questions. Well the order of production Comes from the construction planning. Construction from top to down or.. we deliver our elements to co-contracters who build our elements in there pre-constructed walls and mount it on site. Also both processes at the same time are realistic. Production is always in multiple phases During construction. 

c.schoneveld
Advocate

We do multiple elements on the same day, so date is to rough. Also we need to know wich element needs to be upfront on the transportation jig because we have limited crane time. So we cant afford multiple handeling on one element when mounting it on the construction site. So we produce very precisly and in a predifined order.

Jayjaynieman
Explorer

c.shoneveld,  did you ever figure this out?  I am having the same desire but have not seen any options to changer the sort order. 

c.schoneveld
Advocate

no, i have not unfortunatly.. im gonna change the way of naming the assets so we can sort based on the asest name. 

Jayjaynieman
Explorer
c.shoneveld, thank you for the reply!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report