Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWC support from Desktop Connector in Navisworks

NWC support from Desktop Connector in Navisworks

Apparently appending an NWC in BIM 360 into a Navisworks model is not a currently supported workflow.  When the NWC is updated the file does not automatically update (as it should) when you refresh or re-open in Navisworks.  You have to right click on the file in the desktop connector and select to free up space for the file to truly update.  I do not understand why this is a problem since the Navisworks Exported was created to solve the problem with appending a workshare model from the cloud into Navisworks.   It seems the currently supported workflow only accounts for NWD file.  This would mean you would have to export an NWC from Revit and download it.  Append that NWC to an NWF to the publish an NWD that would then need to be uploaded back into BIM 360 in order to have a supported workflow from BIM 360/ACC to Navisworks.  

2 Comments
CoopDYNA
Enthusiast

I agree.  Desktop Connector should be able to handle ANY Autodesk product generated file type. Frankly, I am shocked that it does not, especially since Autodesk is promoting ACC as the one stop hub for file sharing and document control. 

CoopDYNA
Enthusiast

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report