Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISSUES in ACC vs BIM360

ISSUES in ACC vs BIM360

hi,

In BIM360 Issues remain on sheets until it was resolved. But in ACC, the issues is link to the sheet's version. That may cause headaches to look for unresolved issues. Why different approaches? I understand the need to link an issue to a sheet, but could we at least have the option to do like on BIM360?

I'm not bashing the product, but sometimes you should consider the time people spend to learn, create and integrate new processes. Training users takes a lot of time and once they have integrated this into their practice, it is not the time to change so drastically.

Thanks

11 Comments
Chad-Smith
Advisor

I agree, and voted.

I have a similar idea request, but for Markups. Both markups and issues should slip over onto newer versions. Without this workflow the old ones barely stand a chance of being discovered.

ACC (Autodesk Docs) - Markups need improving - Autodesk Community

brucegund
Advocate

This is a huge problem in ACC and was such a huge benefit and tool used by the entire team to support communication and collaboration in BIM 360. This should be the feature for all files including the mobile app  (PlanGrid). BIM 360 still the superior product.

brucegund
Advocate

This needs to be fixed ASAP. My team is seriously considering going back to BIM 360 because of this. What is the point of markups if files are updated daily? How does a team member know to look back on past versions for a Markup? If I am looking at an Issue and it has a reference to a file version 5 and that file has been updated to version 6 I cannot see the issue pin on the newly created version. There is no way for me to know! It makes no sense!

Wow! What is the point of Markups????

Thanks Autodesk....

NickScalone
Enthusiast

I agree with all comments.  The issues in ACC clearly haven't been well thought out. 

• Finding an Issue in a multi-page pdf is impossible.  You have to go page by page.  
  • Finding an Issue in a Revit model is impossible, you have to be in the specific view it was created, which is not an easy task for the party who needs to fix the issue.
  • Issues and markups tied to a version and not displaying in the latest versions are not how this should work.  It makes it impossible to understand if the issue has been resolved

These problems are workflow-breaking issues in unified platform.  One of the reasons we cannot switch from BIM 360 to UP.

Agree,

Yesterday I have started the project in ACC, after initial training and set-up completed, noted this issue. 

Please fix this behavior same as BIM 360 ASAP. 

Now, I need to set-up new project and train again all design stakeholders. 

I logged this identical problem on Feb 11th 2022 in a case (#18705450).  It took 2 months to get this answer from autodesk:

Please note, the solution for this issue is planned for next months. We don't have exact timeframe, but this is already committed. As there is nothing more I can do as Technical Support, I would like to close this case with Closed-Change Request status if you agree.

At this moment this issue is as designed behavior, but it is known feature request and the initial action was taken to implement it in the future.

The defect has ID: BRDT-11511

If anyone from Autodesk is watching this feed, feel free to pick up these IDs.

Currently this defect is still present. "Next months" is indeed a stretchable term, so I'm waiting until  June 14th for the What's New What's Next that the issue has been addressed.

No to mention if you manually add hyperlinks to those markups for quick access on a project (or needed references) and then have to RECREATE them every new version!

Did you notice there is no hide all option for Issue stamps either?

Yien_Chao
Advisor

hey I just discovered by using BUILD : The issues remain on new version of sheet!!

so BUILD (Plan Grid) looks more like BIM360 than ACC does 🙂

This is a great way to confuse people!

DKMARO
Participant

+1 from me.

I agree with this, and have experienced the above on several projects. It is extremely confusing for users, and awkward for administrators to defend difficiencies such as this, that would seem quite basic.

bimG2WJ3
Participant

+1

It looks like it's possible to display previous version issues on the new version file but it's a only workaround and not a viable solution. After file upgrade, go to the issues tab and find an issue related to this file, then click on the hyperlink to access this file. All the issues will be then back on the new files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report