Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO 19650 Naming Standard - Review Workflow with non-valid file naming

ISO 19650 Naming Standard - Review Workflow with non-valid file naming

Hello me again.

When the ISO 19650 naming standard is applied and you wish to issue files from a folder that does not have the naming standard applied and even when the files are named correctly. 

Autodesk Construction Cloud Naming Standard Review Workflow_001.png

It is currently not possible to use the review workflow to allow for an approval process to share files to a folder that has the naming standard applied. As you can see in the below image.

Autodesk Construction Cloud Naming Standard Review Workflow.png

I propose that to allow for this possible workflow which is a requirement if you are to align to ISO 19650 standard workflow. 

So, if a user is to submit files within ACC or BIM 360 and the naming standard hasn't been applied to files within a folder that does not comply with the correct naming container standard or are in a folder that does not have naming the standard applied. Which is an option now in the product as you can see in the image above with the rename function.

Now generally if files are being shared into a shared area for all project members to see they should be approved by a document controller. So, I feel this workflow should allow for them to be transferred to the holding area for the reviewer (ie document controller to then approve these for release.

1 Comment
Chad-Smith
Advisor

Unfortunately, problems like this, and many similar others, will continue to persist due to the underlying nature that B360/ACC is not a document register, and therefore does not have a true single source of truth.

In this scenario, I would argue that the originating document/folder should already be conforming to the naming standards. If it's not, and the document requires renaming (by a document controller) to conform to the Workflow's destination folder, then the document is not the same. They are two different documents, each with their own Status.

Furthermore, I believe the 'Rename' option should be removed, as it is only acting as a band-aid solution to the underlying problem, which is that the platform allows duplicate documents/containers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report