Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include 2 Step Verification

Include 2 Step Verification

You can turn on 2 Step Verification or Multi-factor Authentication for your Autodesk Account.  But, there is no additional security available for BIM 360.  I was told that the BIM 360 App has additional security protocols.  We do not allow our employees to use the app, because it is slow and direct access to the BIM 360 site through a browser is easy and provides the same BIM 360 experience everywhere.  I am not really sure what, if anything the app provides.

Regardless, we need 2 Step Verification available for all users logging into BIM 360.  The ability to turn a 2 Step Verification feature on or off needs to be at the Account Level, controlled by Account Administrators only.

I opened a support case and was told that if an individual enables 2 Step Verification in their account that it would also require 2 Step Verification when logging into BIM 360.  I have not found this to be the case.

In reviewing the Trust Center, Autodesk need to put effort into becoming NIST compliant and stating so in the trust center  All government contractors dealing with any sensitive information are required to be NIST 800-171 compliant and safeguard all digital information.

2 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

My earlier post is not 100% correct.  2-step verification does work with BIM 360.  It must be turned on by the individual account holder in their respective Autodesk Account.  If you are not continually bothered by 2-step verification, the data is stored in your browser cache or cookies.  Clear both, restart your browser, and log in to BIM 360, 2-step verification will require you to validate your identity.

This need to be updated so that the Account Administrator, BIM 360 or Autodesk Accounts, can turn this feature on or off for all users and users would not control this feature at all.  This is an important security protocol.  Many of the tools Autodesk originally developed are based on individual users.  We need tools that allow us to better address users as a group.  Thanks.

mcarlin
Explorer

Yes I need to audit this for some of our major clients.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report