Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom sort order for Plans

Custom sort order for Plans

It would be nice if there was the ability to sort the plan sheets according to how they would be plotted and bound which is typically not in alphabetical order.  Also would be great if there were potentially wild-cards to allow for two or three character prefixes

i.e.

C - Civil

L - Landscape

A - Architectural

ID - Interior Design

S - Structural

P - Plumbing

M - Mechanical

E - Electrical

FP - Fire Protection

11 Comments
joan_allen
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi @rkamakaris,

Thank you for the feedback!  We are considering this improvement for a future update.

Best Regards,

Joan Allen

Autodesk BIM 360

tom66nagel
Autodesk

The adjustment of the order should not be limited to the Plans area, but should be possible for all folders and subfolders.

Maybe you can just add an attribute and number the order.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drag & drop sheet order would be nice.

Drag Capabilities.JPG

JADAstudio
Collaborator

I'm making an effort to use more of the BIM 360 Docs (and maybe Build) features as more of my projects are entering construction. In evaluating BIM 360 Build, PlanGrid, Fieldwire, and SkySite it baffles me that of these four only SkySite allows users to sort sheets by the order in which the appear in the source PDF. Am I that unusual in thinking that this would be one of the fundamental, basic needs for hosting "plans" online? Surely the one of the first questions of every new user is "How do I sort these sheets correctly?".

joan_allen
Community Manager

Hi @JADAstudio  - we do plan to add this to our solution in the future.  Thanks for the feedback!

Best Regards,

Joan Allen

Autodesk Construction Solutions

JADAstudio
Collaborator

@joan_allen - good news! Thank you!

pieter4
Advisor

+1 This is very important in our workflow.

Ideally, we would be able to set a custom print set order in Revit, and BIM360 should respect that. That way, we have full control of how our sheets show up and it is consistent in all outputs (pdf print, bim360, ...).

Also see: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/sheet-set-print-order/idi-p/7709743 and https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/print-from-schedule/idi-p/6322520

pieter4
Advisor

@Anonymous  Are there any updates on this?

penny_yu
Autodesk

@pieter4 Thank you for the attention. We already have it in our plan.

Best regards,

Penny

BIM 360

bzahurakJJAMJ
Contributor

@joan_allen  @penny_yu has this been implemented, seems like this has been 'planned' for a while now.

yaros2ZNA4
Community Visitor

It looks like this has not been implemented. Any plans to create a custom sort?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report