Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk editing of issue properties ( e.g. status / due date / assigned to)

Bulk editing of issue properties ( e.g. status / due date / assigned to)

This functionality was available in classic field and helps with project admin and updating of inaccurate and or redundant records. At the moment if a user was wanting to update the status or reassign issues to another company, the user needs to update this one by one. This can be quite cumbersome particularly in workflows where there could be a large number of issues raised (e.g. defects / clash issues)

9 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another great functionality overlooked by the developers. This should be reinstated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This will also help if a team member leaves the project and is replaced. The ability to reassign all items to the new team member at one time will be a huge time saver instead of one-by-one.

gavbath
Collaborator

Hi all. Recently one of our customers, a large construction firm, was having exactly the issue described here, needing to bulk edit BIM 360 issues. We developed a web app to provide this and other workflows, such as creating issues in bulk.

Please note this is editing the BIM 360 issues, and you will see the changes in BIM 360 as you would expect. This is a companion tool, not a replacement.

Here is a video that shows the workflows briefly:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/be4295a3-76b9-42e6-92e3-ddb45d9e584f

This product will soon be available on the Massif app store 

Licenses are managed by creating a custom role in BIM360 and specifying it in the settings for CPS BIM Tools. Users who are assigned that role, will have access to the web app, via their Autodesk ID login.

(Full disclosure: I work for massif.dev and CADPRO Systems, who developed this tool.)

JarredJackson
Contributor

@gavbath This seems like it's a great workaround but at the same time, why should users of BIM 360 have to rely on third party developments, some of which also require further product purchase or licensing, of functionality that should not only be included out of the box from Autodesk, but was existing functionality in Field Classic. There are many essential abilities that proved pivotal in the success of the older platform that make it hard to move away from and into Field Management.

DanSmith85
Advocate

@JarredJackson i agree with you. Bespoke developments and other add ins that take the user to another screen to perform what should be considered an out of the box feature, only complicates the process. The primary user of this application are field operators, not developers or IT professionals, and should be kept simple and easy to use.

gavbath
Collaborator

@JarredJackson and @DanSmith85 I agree with both of you too. We have the ability to develop stop-gaps quickly and get them into the hands of users who need functionality now, so that's what we try to do. I'm sure Autodesk will read your messages and take your feedback into consideration.

caknop
Explorer

What else can be said, this is still a problem. The old Field tool spoiled me when it comes to bulk editing.

crweatherspoon
Contributor

Having this feature like we did in Classic Field would be super helpful to our Construction Group.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems that there are many users making this request. It's poor customer service on behalf of Autodesk not pursuing a solution to this common requirement.
There are many oversights with the BIM360 platform (particularly the Field service) where many practical functionalities from Classic Field were not transferred or overlooked - Very frustrating and most disappointing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report