Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluebeam connect

Bluebeam connect

connect with Bluebeam Revu and Bluebeam server directly to speed and expedite markups with ros=bust tracking and organization, export features to save markups and tracking to excel files, auto generate thumbnails of markups, uploading of documents to shared simultaneous markups sessions.

9 Comments
cody_austin
Autodesk

You'll probably see more improvement in BIM 360 Doc markup workflows before you see any integration with Bluebeam.

joan_allen
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

WM_Ron_Allen
Collaborator

@cody_austin that is  unfortunate. Bluebeam is the ONLY PDF creator I have found that creates PDFs for Revit that don't get mangeld.  The studio tool is absolutely invaluable. Currently Bluebam Does integrate with Bentley's projectwise- which I have found incredibly cumbersome in comparison to A360 and BIM 360. Looking forward to Alexandria integration.

cody_austin
Autodesk

@WM_Ron_Allen With BIM 360 Docs there is no need (or a reduced need) to create PDFs. Using BIM 360 Docs you simply upload your Revit model to the "Plans" folder and your 3D Views and 2D Sheets are automatically extracted. You can then create markups and issues on your 3D and 2D views. With BlueBeam you are managing files, having to distribute them to the right folks and aggregate everyones markups...nothing is centralized. That is what BIM 360 Docs is solving...centralized document management and collaboration.

WM_Ron_Allen
Collaborator

@cody_austin

That is great- I am100% on board with thepromises of Alexandria, Docs, C4R,Filed, Glue integration SD DD CD CA FM OP And retierment- would love to see everything working together and bury Bentley.

However we cannot get access to DOCS as it is too new 😞

Believe me I have begged and pleaded to get it to use for our projects; current solutoion of A360 and C4r without it feels incomplate. Had a temporary account - but that conflicted with our current AECOM accounts- so we had it archived.

These are features I (we) use regularly for patching last minute-  or marking up - or tracking; does 360 docs do all or most of these? 

• Track markups like you could in Design Review,
  • tracking.PNG
  • Generate CSVs of all markups, including sheet IDs, page numbers, etc.
  • Add stamps for Sign & Seal
  • Make documents:
    • Save as
    • Print
    • Markup
    • Add documents
    • Send daily/weekly summaries of document changes
  • Custom categories for punch lists and workflows under the right-click of any markup. Change state adds electronic trail in markup history, 
  • various standard and non-standard colors for different team members,
  • Transparencies in markups (e.g. Red box with transparency to shaded area to resolve where demo should happen, blue to remain...),
  • forms within the pdfs - used as a sign- off for work completed on a particular sheet or set
  • snap pictures on a  pad or phone and attach it to a PDF in a studio session, 
  • hyperlinked documentation in and out of the document
  • Import/export to other formats (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.
  • Image control
  • document downsizing (making it smaller to send via email)
  • add callouts to markups (cloud with note attached- not necessarily visible)
  • Reply to a comment without overwriting content
  • threaded markups
  • non-destructive grouping of markups and comments for hierarchy
  • filter markups to isolate (e.g. "Question" or "NOT DONE") and exporting those lists
  • Making markups undeletable to anyone but the author
  • flatten markups so they cannot be undone.(archiving)
  • *You have something like the sets option and the ability to scan PDFs for sheet numbers/titles- but can we reorder the sets?
  • Deliver direct to municipalities / send VIA email (docs might do this)
  • Sketch tools with lines, arrows, shapes (Similar to word)
  • Spell check as you type
  • Incremental markups (increase number in markup annotation by one for each one placed (on a sheet or in a set)
  • Manage Status.PNG

Those are the basics that are being utilized regularly. Does docs do all that? And does it do it in DWF or PDF format? DWF is great, smaller, and the world runs on PDF.

As To DWFs-

And I would love to have the DWFs link to content in the views, not *just* Sheets. Otherwise the import back into document (which also needs some intelligence) is not much use. Wouldlove to see ability to add deltas inline with schedules and footings and track that back into the drawing.

WM_Ron_Allen
Collaborator

Great news!:::::

---

Actually, Yes!  Autodesk has built an integration with our Studio API that would allow for sending documents from 360 to a Studio Session and back.  Here is a link with more information.  https://integrations.bim360.autodesk.com/Bluebeam/Bluebeam+Revu/

Andrew

Andrew Gaer

Sr. Technical Account Manager | Enterprise Sales

Bluebeam, Inc. 

Pasadena, CA

626-788-4127 Direct

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn

---

Hi Andrew-

Following up to see if there have been any advancements or discussions connecting BB to A360.

Thanks!

R.

WM_Ron_Allen
Collaborator

Fast forward to 2024- ACC(Formerly BIM 360) has a number of markup tools and looking for abilities to tie ISSUES and REVISIONS to ISSUES but still no conversational markups or color-coding for the markup process. I.e. Red-Yellow-Green with the ability to respond directly to comments without creating a new markup on top of it. 

Bluebeam does this- ACC Markups currently doesn't. And given BIM 360 was created to collaborate and track changes of who did what - it only makes sense to offer tracking of decisions made in markups!

earlLFBU3
Community Visitor

I'm interested in this process, has there been any development in the area? 

We have a project where we are forced the create markups using the markup tool in ACC but we have a standard practice procedure via Bluebeam Revu with an extensive tool chest and workflow.

But no integration between the 2.

WM_Ron_Allen
Collaborator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report