Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM 360 support to BCF

BIM 360 support to BCF

Annyeonghaseyo (hi),

One thing that would be great and improve a lot the workflow with BIM 360 Products would be the inclusion of BCF support / export in BIM 360 Docs, BIM 360 Teams, BIM 360 Fields and BIM 360 Glue markups and comments.

Imagine all the markups and comments created while visualizing the model in the BIM 360 products and pushing a BCF button to export to Autodesk Revit and other modelling solutions all these comments and markups.

Here you have more information about BCF: http://www.buildingsmart-tech.org/specifications/bcf-releases

Regards,

Tiago Ricotta

14 Comments
joan_allen
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

Anonymous
Not applicable

BCF export in batches would be brilliant - Ive been using this on  my latest project. The models are stored on bimsync and all issues exported via BCF and read with BIMcollab in Revit.

Simply magic.

Similarly in Dalux Field, although it doesnt export BCF batches but single issues separately. Still quite good though. Reporting in Dalux Field is just superb.

Waiting for similar solutions in BIM 360 Docs.

Also, bimsync and Dalux offer direct IFC upload from Revit with a selection of IFC standards. This would also be handy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree with this suggestion.

The RFIs are similar to BCFs but most people are used to (or request) BCF format.

This implementation would help BIM360 products spread out !

gshafiei
Participant

Any news for BCF Integration in BIM360 Docs?

joris
Explorer

Same here, any news?

See my post on LinkedIn:

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6415192629079732225/?commentUrn=urn%3Ali%3Acomm...)

If you want BIM360 to be competitive with OpenBIM solutions this should be part of the platform.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

Any news on this depelopment?

roger.feste
Contributor

The best would be if it was possible to use the new BCF LIVE in Solibri 12.0 with BIM360 as the BCF server.

cyril.thillaye
Explorer

It is crutial to have this BCF link to BIM360. It was available months ago, what is the road map of this developpement? Curently this lack is blocking us and we are not implementing BIM360 on our projects because of that... 

MichaelWolff
Advisor

@joan_allen This has been 'Under Review' for more than three years now. How about opening up your beta phase for everyone right now? The way it is currently setup, BIM 360 never learns any collisions or issues that we find in other software and need to rely on BIMcollab or similar software to track them.

wim_de_winter
Advocate

The BCF export works.

But I want to import BCF's in BIM 360 Docs and/or Autodesk Docs.

Is that still on the roadmap?

Ma_Ku
Participant

While the BCF-Export-Beta looks promising, I think the only future-proof solution would be the addition of the BCF Rest Api. No offence - but sending around files sounds a bit... let's say... dated?

roger.feste
Contributor

I am having trouble with Windows Defender and the BCF files from BIM 360. Autodesk and our IT dept. are looking into it.

All BIM 360/ACC Issues should be in BCF format to enable better Chat functionallity and the possibillity to get the issues into BIM/3D software as well. I think this would lift the platform over to another level of communication and make it possible to reduce the use of e-mails. The only thing missing to acheve this is Issues/RFI in BCF format and a notification center/bell within the platform. This will make it better to work within the platform and we can get less notifications by e-mail. 

Mark.Friis
Advocate

At the moment we can export BIM 360 issues from the Model to BCF, but we also need to be able to export Issues from PDF-Files to BCF. We are collaborating with a lot of different softwares and therefore use PDF-Files a lot. So the PDF-Issue export to BCF is essential for a seamless workflow.

MichaelWolff
Advisor

@joan_allen Nearing five years.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report