Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM 360 Permission by Company

BIM 360 Permission by Company

Currently, we need to add users on an individual level to projects.  We have a fairly consistent consultant pool and in some cases we have 30+ users from a single company.  Adding users individually to each new project and backing in users or new team members when the team hires a new employee is a huge waste of time.

Idea: It would be a huge time saver if I could simply add the predefined company and user group en mass to a project. This would allow me to manage the company/group on the hub level.  As a new team member or consultant end user is added, I simply want to add them to their company on the hub level and they automatically get added to all projects where the company is assigned.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 Comments
mbalkey
Contributor

This is already possible.  You can assign users to a company and set permissions at the company level.

edit: misread, you want to import the entire company's employees to the project.  I suppose that could save some time, but generally you don't want everyone to have access to every project, just the ones they're actually working on.  If you really have hundreds of users to manage, do those hundreds of people really want dozens of jobs they don't even work on cluttering up their hub just because someone else in the company is using it?

polstad
Participant

You are not understanding my use case.  I work for an owner operator, we have the same consultant pool on the vast majority of our projects.  As I set up a new project, as it stands now, I need to first add each person individually.  Once the individuals have been added, then I can use the company designation to assign permissions levels.

The task of adding the same 60+ users for every project, in our situation, is a waste of time.  Our consultants have preferred to have a larger team assigned so they can have users jump in and out as needed to support milestone deliverables.  When the consultants add a new employee to our projects, I have to go to every project 1 at a time and add that person.  If we was able to use groups to bulk add permissions, it would save me a ton of time. I am simply asking for the option to do so NOT replace the current workflow as it makes sense when project teams are different on all projects.

Does that make sense? @mbalkey 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report