Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM 360 Field - Checklists - Add item - response type: Signature

BIM 360 Field - Checklists - Add item - response type: Signature

Within BIM 360 Field, when adding new items to a checklist, it would be very useful to have a "Signature" as a response type option. 

We have many quality forms where multiple signatures are required throughout the stages of construction, rather than simply an overall signature at the top of the form, which is what is currently available.

Having a signature as a response type - and the ability to have multiple signatures throughout a checklist would open up multiple new possibilities for company forms to be completed using this system.

8 Comments
filipefrancisco
Collaborator

Great Ideia

fpensa
Collaborator

I like the idea, however are you thinking of a signature form for which you need a BIM 360 Field account? 'cause right now if you sign on BIM 360 Field, that signature is associated with the account the iPad is logged in with, so even if , let's say, the foreman of a sub sign it, that signature will be associated with the account the iPad is logged in with...

we'd like to grant the signature ability to anyone on site regardless from the account.. in other words, a signature form which is just an image, not associate with the account..

Example 1 : Checklist for a meeting, with an attendance sheet at the end of the checklist, at the end of the meeting we'd only need to give the iPad a round of the table and everyone could sign it

Example 2 : Checklist for QA/QC inspection of the drywall before closure, the contractor quality agent fill the checklist up, the foremen of electrical, cvca and plumbing just sign it off on the iPad of the agent

Example 3 : Safety accident on site, the safety agent fill it up the checklist for the investigation report on Field, three witnesses sign it off at the end of the checklist on the agent iPad

Richard_Snowden
Contributor

Thank you for your vote and comments, I agree with what you’re suggesting, however I feel like this would be a separate issue / request altogether.

What we require is the ability to sign off a form in stages, rather than a simple Yes / No or Pass/Fail response. This is required as there are some quality forms where the activities take place over a number of days / visits.  A signature is required before proceeding to each subsequent stage and the overall signature within the Header is not sufficient for this. Then once the multi-stage process is completed, the final signatures can be completed – which are the ones that appear at the top of the form when printed.

The possibility to have a multiple signature field at the bottom of a checklist / briefing form to capture attendance / witness agreement, etc. would be an excellent improvement in the software.

One possible solution would be to have a “Handwriting” option within the keyboard interface, so that you could open up the necessary dialog box within a form and anyone could sign their name within it. There would then be no limitation to how many signatures could be added.

One step further than this would be to use “Fingerprint / Thumbprint recognition” within the software. Admittedly this would take some time initially, setting up the profiles of however many users are likely to be involved, (perhaps incorporated into an initial induction process) but once set up, this would allow multiple people to effectively “sign for” items on a checklist, or their attendance at a meeting, and there would be no risk of forging of signatures due to the form being open on someone else’s account. Not sure if this is something being considered for the future, but the technology already exists so hopefully it wouldn't be too abstract an idea to have it developed within the software applications in question.

kishore152
Enthusiast

Great thoughts...I like these options of finger print/multiple signatures with same account. Hope they would be considered by Autodesk.

Coming to the Signature type Checklist Item, I strongly agree with you Richard.

I have a permit system, where the site Engineer has to sign before starting the work, and after finishing the work. This is not possible with the existing options. So I had to rely on yes/ no and Pass/ Fail options. So I request the Autodesk team to bring in some Checklist item type (Signature) to effectively use the workflow in site.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two years and counting on this one.  Maybe seeing it here with a fresh round of comments around it will get Autodesk to implement this in the next version of field.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bim-360-ideas/adding-digital-signature-field-as-a-checklist-response/...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree, a single signature associated to an instance of equipment isn't enough.

The ability to create a checklist item with a specific response for a signature is the way to go irrespective of which account this signature is recorded on. It should be made available, a note or print of name could be a temporary workaround. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will a signature as a response type ever be implemented??

mac_EH
Enthusiast

Agreed, this needs to be implemented. this is a major issue for our quality manager. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report