Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM 360 Account-level two-factor authentication

BIM 360 Account-level two-factor authentication

I would like to see a feature in the Account Admin to make two-factor authentication compulsory to better protect BIM 360 projectdata.

Also, see my general user account idea for adding in hardware security authentication.

8 Comments
Unknown_Account59
Collaborator

@joan_allen If this is implemented, please ensure it is a feature that can be turned on or off by the Account Admin. We don't feel this will be a benefit for us. 

Administrators at Design Alaska also have indicated a desire for this functionality.  As a BIM 360 Account administrator they would like to see an option to force users on their account to use two-factor authentication.

wim_de_winter
Advocate

It will be good if we can generate a report on projectlevel if someone disable his 2-factor authentication. Based on this report the projectadmin can disable the user!

wim_de_winter
Advocate

Settings like a password reset time and also make the two factor authentication obligated by the Autodesk contract manager and BIM360 Project admin.

Does someone know what is the current timeout for the two factor authentication which is currently not mandatory?

I have seen that the next day i still do not need to give my two factor code.

mcarlin
Explorer

I need to enforce 2fa on our client data due to some contracts.  We cant use BIM for some major projects because we can enforce 2FA on the client data. Please allow admins to enforce it on the team or at least see who is using it so we can remove access until they do. 

bmullen
Participant

I would like to support this idea

We need to enforce  2FA requirement for specific project OR at least be able to see who is using 2FA so we can block those not using it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In two ways this needs to be forced.

1. As a contract manager I prefer to force my organization to use 2fa for cloud and Desktop products
  2. As an BIM 360/ACC Account administrator I need a way the have control on external users and force them to enable 2fa.

Just be secure and follow the security mandatory preferences of today and tomorrow!

grant.tebrugge
Explorer

2fa administration at the account level would be a important feature.  Currently we have uses opt in 2fa at their account level but have no way to enforce this feature. This limits how we can utilize ACC and what information we can store? We would not implement he cost module without 2FA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report